News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone built there own wiring harness

Started by 73charger440, February 04, 2016, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

So I've been going through just the ignition connector part of my wiring harness and I have 3 of them and they all are junk my question is I found the bulk head connectors  new and it looked  relatively easy just to run new wire there's only 8 and make a new one I'm not keeping the factory ignition, distributor or ballast so was going to remove that stuff anyways I have a 6Al MSD box and distributor. Is there any special type of wiring that should be used and I can tell the starter and charging wires are a heavier gage wire but not sure what size and didn't know if maybe I should use a little  heavier gage wiring or the stock size ? I don't care about originality just wanting it to function and look good.

Nacho-RT74

I allways do.

ign system wires are enough in 14 gauge. Regulator/alt fields in 16. Senders in 16 or even 18

Charging wires... originals are 12, but 10 is better
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

frank1966

That's what it feels like with the ron francis kit! Iam doing all of my own connections and wiring, nothing like original, they supplied the fuze box, wires and connectors!

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

oldcarnut

I made my engine, dash, and headlight wiring harnesses.  I also went to the blade type fuses and fuse box. My dash is not stock and I upgraded all the harnesses to use relays and updated charging