News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replacement Rear Window Roller Needed

Started by CRW-FK5, February 06, 2016, 06:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

I have a broken roller on my rear window mechanism and can't seem to find a replacement (see picture).  Does anyone sell this assembly?  Can the roller itself be removed and replaced?

Dmichels

I think I have an extra one of those $20 shipped (USA)  If that works for you let me know and I will take a look
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

holanae

Yes, the roller can be replaced.  I used a drimmel with a cutting blade.  Made two cuts 180' apart through the plastic.  Popped off with a screwdriver.  Use a soft hammer and tapped the new ones back onto the studs.  Just position the body in a vice that will support the potted metal from breaking while hammering.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: holanae on February 10, 2016, 02:09:03 PM
Yes, the roller can be replaced.  I used a drimmel with a cutting blade.  Made two cuts 180' apart through the plastic.  Popped off with a screwdriver.  Use a soft hammer and tapped the new ones back onto the studs.  Just position the body in a vice that will support the potted metal from breaking while hammering.
Great.  Thanks.

comet_666

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dmichels on February 06, 2016, 07:07:39 PM
I think I have an extra one of those $20 shipped (USA)  If that works for you let me know and I will take a look
Dave
Thanks for the offer.  Still looking at other options.  I'll let you know.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dmichels on February 06, 2016, 07:07:39 PM
Dave
Do you still have that part?  I'm interested.  Please let me know.