News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lennards 68 rat muscle build

Started by cbrestorations, February 09, 2016, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Quote from: BDF on December 02, 2017, 08:18:11 PM
How is the engine/car coming along Leonard?
The front suspension is done.
The 4 link has been welded onto the car.
The rear axle has been narrowed 2 inches on each side to make the wheels fit perfectly inside the wheel wells.
I bought a 6 speed manual out of a 2013 Challenger and bought the engine conversion mounts to put in the 3rd generation Hemi that Chris gave me.
The windshield wiper motor is restored and i just took the vent window frames apart to take them to the chrome shop.

keepat

This project certainly snowballed! ;-)
Very cool!
Pat

Lennard

Thanks Pat,  it sure did. Chris is full of great ideas.  :thumbs:

Kern Dog

When it is done, you will probably forget about the money you spent and just enjoy what you did. Often times when an original plan is changed , the new plan is a better one.  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 03, 2017, 03:10:28 PM
When it is done, you will probably forget about the money you spent and just enjoy what you did. Often times when an original plan is changed , the new plan is a better one.  :2thumbs:
It's only money. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs and I can't take it with me in my coffin.  :drive:

cbrestorations

Quote from: Lennard on December 03, 2017, 03:43:24 PM
When it is done, you will probably forget about the money you spent and just enjoy what you did. Often times when an original plan is changed , the new plan is a better one.  :2thumbs:
It's only money. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs and I can't take it with me in my coffin.  :drive:

I'll cut labor to $10 if I get the car in ur will 😂

Lennard

I don't think that's a great idea.  :lol:

cbrestorations

Ridetechs bolt in 4 link setup is ok, but overpriced for what it takes to make it fit nice. Should of just built one from scratch. they want you to Swiss cheese ur frame rails which are only a thicker sheet metal already. Plus it was too narrow to fit in between the rails. I lengthen'd both cross bars 1/4" and used the supplied Swiss cheese holes to plug weld and stitch around edges. Then for Lennard's 10" vectors to fit up in the wheel houses I narrowed the rear end 4".

Mopar Nut

Nice welding job! Looks like a roll of nickels laid on their side.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 03, 2017, 03:51:13 PM

I'll cut labor to $10 if I get the car in ur will 😂

You will charge a man for your inheritance ???

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 05, 2017, 05:19:05 PM
You will charge a man for your inheritance ???
It's a joke, not a d!ck. Don't take it so hard.

BDF

Lennard

djcarguy

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 03, 2017, 03:51:13 PM
It's only money. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs and I can't take it with me in my xcxoxfxfxixnx.  :drive:  :flame: Ashes..  :angel:  :icon_smile_big:

I'll cut labor to $10 if I get the car in ur will

Can i get that DEAL ? On my Dart project?? Need to cut my sons out of the will anyway,as far as cars go..
          DJ  :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Building the car around Vector wheels  :2thumbs:

I'll donate some center cap stickers if you are using the stock caps and want some.

Lennard

Quote from: 440 on December 11, 2017, 07:03:32 AM
Building the car around Vector wheels  :2thumbs:

I'll donate some center cap stickers if you are using the stock caps and want some.

I appreciate the offer but the wheels didn't come with the original center caps, so I bought a set of "special edition" caps on ebay.

No problems. They fit the special edition caps if you want the old school look, just gotta grind down a small molded bump in the center of the cap.

Looking forward to seeing more updates  :yesnod:

djcarguy

Lennard

I'm surprised that you could still find this topic... it must have been on page 50 or so. :icon_smile_big:
Rear transmission mount is done and trans tunnel is finished, short shifter mounted, the bottom of the car is "lizard skinned" and Chris is now working on the roll bar.
Oh... and I also bought a 2.8L Kenne Bell mammoth blower. :drive:

BDF

birdsandbees

WHAT.. no pictures Lennard??? It didn't happen...  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

I gave up on trying to post pictures on this forum. :pullinghair: There is a bit about my car in this video Chris made.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_RWChv5R4y0

birdsandbees

Cool ! His neighbours must love him...  :rotz:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 12, 2018, 09:18:41 PM
Cool ! His neighbours must love him...  :rotz:
His house is at the end of the street.  There is a road next to where he's working so nobody can cry about what he's doing.