News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lennards 68 rat muscle build

Started by cbrestorations, February 09, 2016, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Quote from: HANDM on February 11, 2016, 11:15:12 PM
Quote from: Lennard on February 11, 2016, 06:32:22 PM
They are unilug.  I've never seen a 15x10 vector with just mopar bolt pattern. Only Chevy and unilug.

:scratchchin:

I have the exact set and they're 4.5 are not unilug but the lug nuts have sleeves or whatever that slip inside to holes.... I don't think I'll ever use them but they are cool to look at.

15x10 original AR vectors with legit mopar/ford 4.5 lug pattern? If so, are you willing to sell them?

HANDM

Quote from: F8-4life on February 11, 2016, 11:29:41 PM
Quote from: HANDM on February 11, 2016, 11:15:12 PM
Quote from: Lennard on February 11, 2016, 06:32:22 PM
They are unilug.  I've never seen a 15x10 vector with just mopar bolt pattern. Only Chevy and unilug.

:scratchchin:

I have the exact set and they're 4.5 are not unilug but the lug nuts have sleeves or whatever that slip inside to holes.... I don't think I'll ever use them but they are cool to look at.

15x10 original AR vectors with legit mopar/ford 4.5 lug pattern? If so, are you willing to sell them?

I'd consider it, for the right price and since they're worth their weight in gold...... :rofl:

RCCDrew

It already looks like its going to be too nice to be a "Rat" build.  I love the used hot rod look.  Here is one of my favorites.  Color is close to yours. 

cbrestorations

lennards car is sitting at blasting shop now

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 10, 2016, 12:33:48 PMlennards car is sitting at the blasting shop right now
:2thumbs: Maybe change the topic title, since it's not going to be as ratty as planned?   There was too much rust and sheet metal gone to just slap some parts on and drive it.

VegasCharger

cbrestorations

so i got lennards car back from blasting and it revealed even more that need replaced...

both driver and passenger side quarter seams areas were cracked with bondo holding them together

the passenger rocker was beat up pretty bad and had previous repairs, all hid with bondo. i had a rocker patch panel for my new 70 charger and so i used it on lennards, never again will i buy that piece of junk rocker patch panel, had to cut the damn thing up to fit correctly. all the bends were in the wrong spot, but i had it and wanted to get it ready for epoxy coat soon.

VegasCharger

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

When are you coming up again Lennard?

Lennard

In about a week or so Bryan, I'll let you know.  :cheers:

@Chris: Great job as always!  :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

supported the tailpanel so i could get the trunk pan, and rear valance out today.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cbrestorations

Fixed a lot of stress cracks in the body, one major one that wrapped the frame rail right by rear k frame bolt, welded up some holes, prepped the body for por15 and sprayed it today. Now to get started on replacing panels

VegasCharger

cavemanno1

cbrestorations

Been trying to catch up on customer stuff since I've been scouting lately lol. Got the trunk pan in on lennards 68, the copper weld thru primer is awesome, it's worth the triple price of galvanized weld primer.

phantom

Lennard

RallyeMike

Full quarters, trunk pan, full sandblast, POR 15, etc.....  I think the "rat" part has effectively been exterminated   :scratchchin:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

redgum78

Quote from: Lennard on February 10, 2016, 12:15:04 PM
I already knew...but I'm finding out again that there is no cheap way to put a second generation charger together.
I need almost everything new sheet metal wise for the rear.

Example:
Deck filler panel for a '68 Charger: $250
Deck filler panel for a '68 Camaro: $45

:pity:

:o why is the GM stuff so much cheaper? Nice project buy the way!

Lennard

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 13, 2016, 02:20:53 PM
Full quarters, trunk pan, full sandblast, POR 15, etc.....  I think the "rat" part has effectively been exterminated   :scratchchin:
Quarter skins, but you are right.  It was to far gone to just slap it together and drive it. :yesnod:

Lennard

Quote from: redgum78 on May 13, 2016, 02:30:37 PM
I already knew...but I'm finding out again that there is no cheap way to put a second generation charger together.

Example:

Same reason as why all Charger specific parts cost at least 3x more than what Mustang or Camaro parts cost.
They made way less Chargers back in the days so they will sell way less reproduction parts so to get their development and production costs back they need to charge more $$ for the parts.

redgum78

Quote from: Lennard on May 13, 2016, 03:31:31 PM

Example:

Same reason as why all Charger specific parts cost at least 3x more than what Mustang or Camaro parts cost.
They made way less Chargers back in the days so they will sell way less reproduction parts so to get their development and production costs back they need to charge more $$ for the parts.

I new we paid a bit of a premium but I did not realised it was so pronounced. The cost of cool I guess!

cbrestorations

Good mark valance and corners do not agree with Amd  quarter panel, even though Amd corners have issues too. I'll get it all flush and clean gap in the end.

ht4spd307

Quote from: Lennard on May 13, 2016, 03:31:31 PM

Example:

charger 2 gen bendix brake caliper kit $49 per side :rotz: dodge dart 1972 $17 per side, mustang 1970 $8.75 per side       :nana: really development  look at the dart price and the second gen charger price. similar kit and same amount of parts. how much demand is there for 1972 dodge dart to 2 gen chargers

68pplcharger