News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lennards 68 rat muscle build

Started by cbrestorations, February 09, 2016, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

invincibleextremes

cbrestorations

Well after some more metal work it's a nice fit.

surmanajaja

I like the work. you just made the short list of ppl whose services I might require someday..

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

keepat

Lennard

His work is awesome. He has got both outside wheel wells welded in since last night.   :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Looks Very Expensive.  :scratchchin:

Is this being done in Cali. ?

Lennard

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 21, 2016, 09:13:54 AM
Looks Very Expensive.  :scratchchin:
Is this being done in Cali. ?
That's the flawless fit of AMD.  ;D
cbrestorations (Chris) is located in Las Vegas - Nevada.

cbrestorations

I'm about 1/3 the cost of a body shop, or free if you have charger parts I want lol. Lennard has paid for probably half the work in swapping parts I need lol. Wheel houses and trunk extentions welded, wheel houses didn't take too much modifying to fit but the trunk extentions took a little work.

VegasCharger

Excellent work Chris.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I've been meaning to get over there.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

its not a rat rod anymore damn thing looks too nice at this point.....

cbrestorations

yea...it will be a foney ratrod, lennard is a hater on rusty cars lol

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 22, 2016, 01:25:24 PM
yea...it will be a foney ratrod, lennard is a hater on rusty cars lol
Guilty as charged...but only if that rusty car is mine.  ;D

marshallfry01

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you charge to put on quarters, valance, and a trunk pan? I need to replace this metal on my 70 and I'm trying to figure out what a realistic body shop price would be.

Very good work by the way! :2thumbs:

Oh and if you don't want to advertise the price then send me a PM.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

cbrestorations

I just do it by the hr as I suck at estimating lol, with rust and damage that can be hidden under old bondo and paint. I'd rather just charge what it actually took me to do it vs. Overcharging to cover what might be there.  I'm $35hr...For both quarters, trunk and valance I would say it's gonna be around 2k. The cutting off is the easy dirty part, making everything fit right is the pain lol.

cbrestorations

I kinda like rusty patina lookin cars with big hp fooling all the teenagers in their cracker box cars lol

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 22, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
I kinda like rusty patina lookin cars with big hp fooling all the teenagers in their cracker box cars lol
I agree,  but it hurts me knowing that my classic car is getting eaten little by little.  ;)

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 22, 2016, 07:44:28 PM
I just do it by the hr as I suck at estimating lol, with rust and damage that can be hidden under old bondo and paint. I'd rather just charge what it actually took me to do it vs. Overcharging to cover what might be there.  I'm $35hr...For both quarters, trunk and valance I would say it's gonna be around 2k. The cutting off is the easy dirty part, making everything fit right is the pain lol.

WOW next time im in Vegas proably for MATS Im gonna find something to weld to my car so I can stop and see you work  :icon_smile_big:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 22, 2016, 07:44:28 PM

You are hired here.  :cheers:

cbrestorations

So while mocking up the drivers side it had its own issues, the bumper recess didn't have the same angle of recess causing the flange that attaches to the tail panel to stick out farther than its supposed to, so cut out the area and reshaped it to bring back the flange. Also had to reshape the quarter to fit the valance corner. I also had to pie cut the valance corner to keep the top of it at the same plane as the valance. I post a pic of the cut out piece next to the passenger side so you can see the difference in angle. Passenger side is almost 90 while driver was about 45

cbrestorations

Skins are a pain to weld that 5ft body line, but it came out nice...I used a big wet sponge and welded thru the trickling water over the welds. Kept it from warping

70 sublime

When you weld all along the side of the car like that do you do anything to the back side of the weld after you are done ?

Would the weld just burn off any paint or sealer that might be there and be a place for rust to start ?

Second last picture what is the wing thing in back ground ? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

cbrestorations

Just grind it smooth and spray some epoxy on the back side. It's a Daytona clone

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html