News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hoods With Scoops

Started by MoparYoungGun, August 10, 2005, 10:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

Is there a company out there that sells hoods for 2nd gen Chargers with either a Hemi or 6pk scoop that would bolt up with the factory hardware? Or, would I basically have to mold a scoop on to an existing hood? Thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated :cheers: !

andy74

there are companies that offer factory looking hoods,usually fiberglass.i havent used one in a long time,but i know i had to remove the hood springs and use a hood prop with the one i used to have-factory springs will bust it up! or you can go the factory six pack route and just pin it on!

70plumrt

i know i've seen them somewhere!
they also have a lighter spring for your stock hinge

http://www.up22.com/charger68.htm#DC-101

Drop Top

:Twocents: I word from someone that has been there done that. Do Not expect any fiberglass hood to fit perfect unless you plane to do allot of work to it. Fiberglass reproduction parts DO NOT FIT RIGHT. They fit about like the reproduction 1/4 panels. They will work but they are a long way from perfect.

MoparYoungGun

Ok guys, thanks for the info!