News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear power windows

Started by J-440, February 12, 2016, 11:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Bought a set of power windows for the rears (Electric Life), fit great and have them both wired into a single switch.  I want to have them both operate at the same time.  Got them wired that way and they are slow as hell (sometimes too slow) going up.  I know this is the wrong way as each window needs its own switch, but hey, space is minimum.  So, is there some type of device that could go between the windows and switch to speed things up?  Thanks.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

John_Kunkel

Running both window motors through a single switch puts a lot of load on the switch contacts. You'd be better off using a couple of 50-60 amp relays; the window switch would only power the low-draw relay coil and the motors would be connected directly to battery power through the relays.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

J-440

So 1 relay for each window, spliced in between the window switch, then run 2 wires from the relays to a 12v hot source at the fuse box?   
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

John_Kunkel

2 relays for each pair of windows, one for up and one for down...unless some electrical genius has a better idea.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Rolling_Thunder

nope -  one relay for up and one relay for down.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip