News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why can't i log in as used to?

Started by cavemanno1, February 15, 2016, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

When i type in dodgecharger.com forum the logo comes up which says you have found our new home and there is the link for the site but when i click on it it doesn't load the page up.I have to scroll down to to the "Aera cars-dodgecharger.com home and click on it then it brings up the aero section then from there i can use the site as normal!
Oh and the spelling check is missing :scratchchin:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 15, 2016, 04:58:07 PM
Oh and the spelling check is missing :scratchchin:
You can set up spell check on your computer.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

cavemanno1

:2thumbs:

It's fixed,i can log in now normally!However the spell check option is still missing. :-\

Troy

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 16, 2016, 01:50:46 PM
:2thumbs:

It's fixed,i can log in now normally!However the spell check option is still missing. :-\
Because I didn't fix that part. See the links above.

Troy

cavemanno1

Sorry,didn't read them  :slap:
Ok,thanks!
I know it's a touchy subject but with this this new system we can upload pictures without rezising them or still they have to be under 200kb?
If not,not a problem at all!You guys are already doing a fantasic job so no complaints here whatsoever!

Troy

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 17, 2016, 02:12:45 AM
Sorry,didn't read them  :slap:
Ok,thanks!
I know it's a touchy subject but with this this new system we can upload pictures without rezising them or still they have to be under 200kb?
If not,not a problem at all!You guys are already doing a fantasic job so no complaints here whatsoever!
I only changed the hardware (and physical location). I didn't modify any software other than a few security patches. So, no new features. I wanted to figure out if anything was broken during the move before making a bunch of changes and then trying to figure out which of them broke something else. Looks like it's all working pretty well except for the spell check so I may start adding things soon. We have the speed but actually lost some hard drive space so I'm still not sure about what to do with pictures. Moving the files from server to server took almost 11 hours (on a pretty decent connection) so if I significantly increase the file sizes the next move/upgrade may take a week! Not to mention the backup costs almost tripled from the old server to the new one and that's dependent on the amount of space I need.

Troy

cavemanno1

Then it looks like it's not worth the hassle.So far everybody figured out one way or another how to resize pictures by now,so no it's no biggy! :2thumbs:
It would be more convinient if we could just upload pictures straight from smartphones or whatever,but this is what it is!

Thanks,

Troy

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 17, 2016, 01:19:15 PM
Then it looks like it's not worth the hassle.So far everybody figured out one way or another how to resize pictures by now,so no it's no biggy! :2thumbs:
It would be more convinient if we could just upload pictures straight from smartphones or whatever,but this is what it is!

Thanks,
Apparently, they haven't as it's still the #1 complaint!

My new smartphone has a 16 megapixel camera. The files are just under 5 MB each (25 times larger than what's currently allowed here). Even with a decent connection it will take 40+ seconds to upload each file. If you're on dialup or ISDN it would take about an hour. Before it can be added to a post it will have to be shrunk to a reasonable size (5MB files being downloaded by every reader of a page would cause a mutiny by everyone not on a high speed connection!). This means software and server resources. This is exactly why "apps" like Facebook and texts resize the picture ***on the phone before uploading***!!! I'm not Facebook and the site doesn't have an app. A lot of the new technology that lets completely clueless people do everything (including drive) really hurts places that don't have the resources to duplicate it.

Troy

cavemanno1

Only new guys complain about it but everyone has to figure it out if they want to post pictures.