News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is wrong with this site now ???

Started by Kern Dog, February 16, 2016, 11:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Getting on this site now has become almost impossible. I used to first see the page in black with the red bumblebee stripe, click on the link in the lower right side and the menu page would pop up. Now the damn thing does nothing. This has happened with 2 different computers. The only way I can seem to get on this site is by piggybacking off of a notification for a private message. What changed?

crj1968

This was happening to me also when using firefox with windows 7. Was working fine and then quit.

I downloaded Chrome and no issues. I think it has to do with windows versions and browser combos.  :shruggy:

polywideblock

might be something to do with the update  the other day   :scratchchin:  

just add the forum into your favourites instead of the "home page " , should ask if you want to overwrite ? or something like that, just  say yes  

sorry not very  computer savvy    :shruggy:     see here for the address   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121580.0/all.html

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 16, 2016, 11:01:31 PM
Getting on this site now has become almost impossible. I used to first see the page in black with the red bumblebee stripe, click on the link in the lower right side and the menu page would pop up. Now the damn thing does nothing. This has happened with 2 different computers. The only way I can seem to get on this site is by piggybacking off of a notification for a private message. What changed?

Quit your grousing, you're here now aren't you?  :lol:

garner7555

I haven't had the first minutes trouble logging in, but I use Chrome.   :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Chargen69

XH29N0G

In my case it was sort of like natural selection then adaptation.  I spent about 5 hours clicking the same favorite button and getting the same reboot message. ( :slap: I felt like the one on the right) Then I searched using google.  It worked; so reset my favorite button and all was back to the way it should be. :lol:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Troy

As mentioned, the site moved last Saturday. It was long overdue for an upgrade (well over 2 years overdue!) and the previous host wanted a 20% increase to keep it there. So, it had to move physical machines AND physical locations. There were a couple issues: spell check disappearing and the redirect from the home page to the forum. The redirect should be fixed so if you're still having problems today then maybe it's something else?

Both of these links should take you to the same place and so should clicking just about anywhere on the "splash screen":
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Cncguy

I'm still having problems getting on this site from the homepage. I use an IPhone. The way I get here is by using a bookmark.

green69rt

Quote from: Cncguy on February 19, 2016, 05:44:47 AM
I'm still having problems getting on this site from the homepage. I use an IPhone. The way I get here is by using a bookmark.
\
Get on the home page, delete the old bookmark and bookmark the page again.  That should reset to the new address.

Kern Dog

The hard drive in this computer crashed so I had a new one put in. Now the regular old page works like before.
Computers confuse me.   :shruggy: