News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horn not working

Started by comet_666, February 21, 2016, 01:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I installed my new horns and the relay today. I go to honk the horn and nothing. I get a tester and touch the ground on the relay and they work fine.

Thoughts?

Brock Lee

You may need a horn button, but it is such a simple part, it really can't break. It can oxidize, but could be cleaned.

I would disconnect the wire from the horn button right at the relay and test it. Remember, the horn wire is not powered, it is a ground, so you will have to grab power to test it.

If it fails, remove the horn pad, unplug the wire and test the continuity of the wire. Then test the button itself.

Be sure the grounds on the column are intact and solid. If the ground strap is not providing a good ground, it will reflect in the horn buttons function. 

comet_666

RCCDrew

I thought after the title "Horn not working" I was going to see, Watch for finger!   :smilielol:

comet_666

Quote from: RCCDrew on February 25, 2016, 11:03:15 PM
I thought after the title "Horn not working" I was going to see, Watch for finger!   :smilielol:
lol

comet_666

OK, so I think I found one of the problems here. The wire was stuffed inside and not connected. The button is missing a screw and the wheel feels lose.

comet_666

Is this gap correct?

myk

Well, on my Grant wheel setup there's a gap, but they gave me a piece of plastic accordian-thingy to cover up the gap...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

miller time

Well this helped me get my horn working, I was missing the wire from the wheel to the contact pad,
It looks like there's a carbon brush that makes contact with the wheel towards the top of the column make sure you still have one and that it's not stuck down, I'd have never know about it if I didn't see the one on my wheel :2thumbs: