News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Archer

Started by Drache, February 24, 2016, 02:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So I just started watching this show again and must have totally missed this episode. It makes light of the Bullitt chase  :2thumbs:

It should be mentioned that in Season 1 of the show Archer drives a '70 Challenger R/T until it's "stolen" and disappears from the show.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TPR

Sweet. It probably hasn't aired here yet.
Thanks for sharing, I'll look out for it.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Charger_Fan

So is that like Anime for Charger aficionados? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 24, 2016, 09:02:08 AM

It's a cartoon that sort of spoofs James Bond. Really adult humor  :icon_smile_big:

Sadly the Challenger is only for the first season and this Charger is only one single episode.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

crj1968

Cool artwork for sure.

I'll have to see this episode for sure.  I wonder how many times they'll pass the VW?   :icon_smile_big:

Rolling_Thunder

best show ever --   new season coming out soon too
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

c00nhunterjoe

The writers are fans of airwolf as well. They slip a cut of the blueprints into the opening titles. Blink amd you miss it.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Drache on February 24, 2016, 10:41:12 AM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 24, 2016, 09:02:08 AM

It's a cartoon that sort of spoofs James Bond. Really adult humor  :icon_smile_big:

Sadly the Challenger is only for the first season and this Charger is only one single episode.
Ah, okay. I think I recall someone at work a few years ago who liked the show. Maybe if I'm super bored, I'll check it out one day. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69rtse4spd

Damn green door jams,  :lol:, watch it when I can, like it.

daveco

If you really want to enjoy the series, study up on the back-story. There is a lot of what one may call "inside jokes", inferences or references that are much more entertaining if you know (as Paul Harvey used to say) "The Rest of The Story"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(TV_series)
R/Tree

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on February 24, 2016, 10:17:38 PM
Damn green door jams,  :lol:
HAH! I had to go back & look...sure enough, green door jams!  :smilielol: Obviously the rest of the car was rattle-canned "bad guy black", because no self respecting bad guy would have a green getaway Charger. ;D

BTW, I was gonna say "parts car green" door jams, because in the 80's/90's in my area most green Chargers were parted out. It was really common. It's ironic that this "parts car green" is near the same color as that door jamb.

I'm definitely kicking myself these last few what, 20 years?, because that green car was in good shape. Other than some bruises...totally savable these days. :( This happened in 4/1994...

But many of those parts either ended up on my car, or were sold to GET better parts for my car, so se la vie. :)

Anyway, I digress...

Baldwinvette77

Hmm.. my car was a green parts car.... maybe theres some truth to that  :scratchchin:

Also archer kicks ass!  :coolgleamA:

HANDM

The passenger fender on my first 69 Charger was green, the hood was white and front valence gold.....  :scratchchin:

That one was triple black and after the tree fell on it, it went to the junkyard.  :'(  :'(
I too am one of those that are kicking themselves because by todays standards it was saveable.

The interior still lives on in my current 69, well some of it at least, the seat frames, soft panels and such.