News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parking light amp draw

Started by Dino, February 24, 2016, 11:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Do the parking lights on a 2nd gen draw 10 amps or more?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

flyinlow

Eight 1157's on low filament. About 1 amp each   = 8 amps plus the four side marker lights . Yea about ten amps.  The dash lights are on too , but on a separate fuse.

Dino

Oh good, I had it right then. It's a bad brain day and I need someone to double check some of my findings.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks buddy!   :cheers:

fy469rtse

Dino ,
nows the time to upgrade those lights to led , switch backs for the front
draw will be almost a qtr of that
Geoff   :2thumbs:

Dino

Yeah I may do that for the front parking lamps but not the rear. I really don't like the look of LEDs in the rear so I'm keeping those stock.   :yesnod:

fy469rtse

Have a look at my thread on those,
I chromed plated the inside to housing for better reflection, the trick is to use red led 's at night looks like almost like a dare say it ,  :lol:a thunderbird ,
not that telltale three globe look that we are all use to
Geoff,
also leds to back up lights , now that one is useful
geoff

Dino

Ah but I like the three globe look! I think it's hard to beat really, and the lights are more than bright enough. Good idea on the backup lights though, I need to fix one of mine anyway.   :yesnod: