News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firewall bulk head connector

Started by darkfiire5000, February 26, 2016, 04:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkfiire5000

In replacing the wiring harness with an aftermarket kit, what does everyone use for the firewall bulk head connecter? Stock or use an aftermarket one?

TexasStroker

Most aftermarket kits will completely eliminate the factory bulkhead connector.  You will probably just want to cut out a plate and run grommets where you want the wires to pass thru.

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

myk

I run a plate with a grommet in it, but I do miss being able to detach the car's wiring at the firewall for ease.  Now, if I ever have to remove the wiring or whatever I'll have to disconnect everything and pull it all the way through...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Rolling_Thunder

I usually use the factory style bulkhead - but I have used aerospace pin connectors on several builds - just insanely expensive...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

funknut

I haven't used this one but may work for you.  I bookmarked it to consider as a possibility for when I rewire for EFI.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/weather-pack-22-position-bulkhead-connector-kit/

It has several different gauges of wire, just FYI.

darkfiire5000

:2thumbs: Thanks everyone that helps a lot.