News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc brake conversion using stock drum hubs and spindles 2 piston, 4 piston or 6

Started by invincibleextremes, March 04, 2016, 10:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

invincibleextremes

Btw, many of you are aware of my situation with baby Luke.  I'm not asking anyone for any money, and will not.  Buying the adapters I sell is something I'm really thankful for from those did.
What I am asking is to help me secure a sponsorship so I can finally put my pile of junk charger on the road and continue developing products and ideas, or at the very least actually be able to test and promote this braking system.

It costs nothing, just sign up and vote.  It's all I ask.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.championautoparts.com%2FPromotions%2Fsearch-for-a-champion.html%3Fpage%3D%252Fentry%252F1223%252F&h=ATMkw9Zmq7jVEnGUQnBn3CUMjJh3Syh9C9wFN8qwD37vq3Hyda7spsgdjpQCZYMSJ7aWm8P2c13i5iRK-9I3M6MHH8-6UqULbWGw55qifS82n3YKOihFkcAA77pPjxW4mmDeCSo3&enc=AZNn6YUS1MURVWrQMss-BXrbp-Nq7G3SjDFyJ6d4nXI2zPjcYptataNOpp6QjpsnqIZlwk4lZcg4SdiCV-ymeDp-bFMQOaF1XhjeQI123vkKF8E1grnQM9OMytZ-Q1fY0MEBdKr971mmVFunnLl4e0rrCCINXFsKMZb2JqCic05xuv0ohfvg2VViobGEhATrJYw&s=1

Moparmatty

Has any one used these brackets with the '73 and newer disc brake spindle and turned a brake rotor down to use as a hub to mount the rotor on?
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

68ChargerJMP

Bolted the hydroboost onto the newly trimmed out engine compartment.

200MPH

Charger

invincibleextremes

Got an odd request from a guy so I'm building it.  He gave me the measurements for the srt8 caliper and asked me to build him a dual caliper setup.  So I used two rear brackets, cut and welded together into one dual caliper bracket and he's using the mustang caliper for parking and drifting and the srt8 4 piston brembo for regular driving and braking duty.

I'm almost done with it, hopefully it works out good for him.  He is using the 13.8 inch mustang rear rotor for this.

JR

Will you be offering the dual caliper brackets for sale afterwards? Whats your price on that setup?

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

invincibleextremes

Don't see why not.  Currently it's the price of two rear sets plus 40 bucks for me to spend a couple hours welding them together and drilling the holes needed.  But once I figure it out and there's demand I can do a lot better than that obviously.

Btw, I now sell a setup for the rears that uses 95 mustang rear caliper and rotor and has same parking brake feature, but works just fine with 15 inch wheels.  Just a heads up.

JR

That's awesome man, great work.

Ill be watching this thread for when you have the dual caliper mounts up for production, thanks.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

invincibleextremes

Just finished up a sent out 5 more orders. 

Curious as to who else has been driving around and any what input they have on this setup.  Anything anyone would like to see?

Btw, I designed a new setup that works with 14 and 15 inch wheels, for the back.  Just a heads up

Dino

It's been so long that I've done anything to this car that I can't remember half of what's going on.

So I have a few questions: How long should the brake hoses be up front? I'm thinking around 15". Also, has anyone hooked up a set of parking brake cables to the rear calipers? 

Dino

funknut

I'm not with my car right now but the front hoses I used were 12-15" or thereabouts.  I ordered stainless Mustang OEM replacements.  They are very nice units.  

The hoses are definitely longer than they need to be, but they also have a bracket attached to them that you can use to connect them to a mount wherever you would like to put it that will help in keeping them away from moving parts.  I haven't taken advantage of that yet because I don't think it's necessary.

I was initially concerned that they might get snagged on something, but they don't hang below the caliper.

A shorter hose would definitely work and may be better for routing, but I have no problems or concerns with the ones I used.

Dino

Quote from: funknut on July 10, 2018, 12:24:27 PM
I'm not with my car right now but the front hoses I used were 12-15" or thereabouts.  I ordered stainless Mustang OEM replacements.  They are very nice units.  

The hoses are definitely longer than they need to be, but they also have a bracket attached to them that you can use to connect them to a mount wherever you would like to put it that will help in keeping them away from moving parts.  I haven't taken advantage of that yet because I don't think it's necessary.

I was initially concerned that they might get snagged on something, but they don't hang below the caliper.

A shorter hose would definitely work and may be better for routing, but I have no problems or concerns with the ones I used.

Cool, I'll take a look at those.   :2thumbs:

brad mcintyre

i bought a kit for my 66 charger at moparfest that came with 2 adapter plates 2 new calipers 2 new routers and new pads for $275 and you use the original spindles .only has single pot master but i have a couple others 

invincibleextremes

Sounds like a scarebird kit or something like that.  Does it fit under 15 or 14 inch wheels?

Generally speaking this setup comes out to the same price or cheaper than that.

invincibleextremes

Going to grab some 2015 and newer brakes when i get a chance and will see about making additions to the kit in order to use those brakes as well.  Wouldn't hurt to have options i guess.  The bolt spacing on the calipers is the same, so its only a matter of offset changes.  Would be a good source of 4 and 6 piston brembos.  And a 13 inch rear brake. 

Randy_Lahey

I'd definitely be interested in the '15+ kit. I have your original kit that can use Brembo calipers but 2015 seems to be more common with the bigger brakes.

Thanks,

David

invincibleextremes

I have 2015 brakes in my posession front and rear and its a 5/16 offset difference.  For the rear that means a really cheap 13 inch brake setup.... BUT the caliper is bulkier overall and I'm pretty sure it'll touch the leaf spring at that point.

For the fronts i can currently offer a kit for 200 because of how much work and more pieces would be needed to make that work.

The current 2014 kit i offer was a very simple design and i was able to price it accordingly, but for a setup that works with the 2015 brakes i can offer a kit for 200 for the regular brakes and 220 for the brembos.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: funknut on July 10, 2018, 12:24:27 PM

Anyone have suggestions for rear hoses?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Dino

Bumping this back up.

I just got the car moved to a new location so time to roll up my sleeves. I need flexible hoses front and rear, and I need parking brake cables. If someone has finished the install and has a part list I'd like to avoid trying to reinvent the wheel.

funknut

I haven't completed the rears yet, but here's what I'm planning to use for the parking brake:

https://www.wilwood.com/hardware/hardwareprod?itemno=330-9371

For front brake lines I just ordered some 2012 Mustang GT flex lines for the front, they worked great.

I haven't dug into the rears to know what I'll need yet for flex hoses, maybe someone else does.

Good luck!

astjp2

I have the 2012 Crown Vic calipers and rotors using the same design brackets and am wondering about wheel fitment. The hat height is a lot shallower than an original mopar rotor