News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guess that part!

Started by comet_666, March 15, 2016, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Or tell me what wire this is behind the steering wheel please!!   :shruggy:

comet_666

Let me also ask could this be why my left turn signal does not work correctly?

PlainfieldCharger

That wire looks like it was the back of a switch. The eyelet is bent a little. It looks like the mushroom part that holds it on worked away...
You could start with the color of the wire and match it to the wiring diagram for a quick diagnosis. :Twocents:

igozumn

I think it goes under the turn signal switch mounting, err, I think it attaches to the bottom of the turn signal switch mounting plate and has a stud on the top side with a spring and ball that rides on the bottom of the steering wheel against the horn contact ring.  If your horn doesn't work, then that's probably the reason.  I have a spare column in the garage, but the switch is gone, so I'm not 100% sure.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: comet_666 on March 15, 2016, 07:52:20 PM
Let me also ask could this be why my left turn signal does not work correctly?
Get a multimeter and check that wire for voltage when you switch on the turn signal :Twocents:

comet_666

Yah, horn does not work but I think there is nore than 1 reason for that. I will pull the wheel next week and take a closer look and test voltage to that wire for signal. I may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone fixing horn and signal!!

Thanks!

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: comet_666 on March 17, 2016, 08:57:03 AM
Yah, horn does not work but I think there is nore than 1 reason for that. I will pull the wheel next week and take a closer look and test voltage to that wire for signal. I may be able to kill 2 birds with one stone fixing horn and signal!!

Thanks!
Make sure you have the battery disconnected during disassembly. Does not appear to have a scorch mark on it but might want to check fuse too.... :scratchchin:

comet_666