News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood turn signal housings - 3D Printed w LED's (1968-1969)

Started by ZappBrannigan, March 15, 2016, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Canadian1968

I am confused. Can these be ordered or not
If so just curious as to how these are mounted ? The original use the horrible clamping system. Do you still use part of the original housing to put these in ?

would rearly love a set !

garner7555

I am about to install these on my car (finally) and just wanted to see if anyone had any photos of how everything goes together?  I have never had any hood indicators (mine were missing) so any insight would be appreciated.    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Lennard

Quote from: garner7555 on January 06, 2019, 03:20:14 PM
I am about to install these on my car (finally) and just wanted to see if anyone had any photos of how everything goes together?  I have never had any hood indicators (mine were missing) so any insight would be appreciated.    :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,134282.0.html

nvrbdn

I just seen this post for the first time and will be interested to see if this actually works. I see there is some kind of a bracket with the light strip mounted into it and a lens over that. Is there mounting holes where it would bolt in where the block off plate was? Where did you find your lenses? I guess they could easily be cut from plexy glass and colored orange easy enough. Please post pics when you get it done!!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Quote from: Canadian1968 on August 01, 2016, 07:11:18 PM
I am confused. Can these be ordered or not
If so just curious as to how these are mounted ? The original use the horrible clamping system. Do you still use part of the original housing to put these in ?

would rearly love a set !

Yes, these can be bought right now. I know because I just ordered it. You have to buy 2 now and with shipping is 19.00+. but still an awesome deal. I will make my own lenses from plexy glass. I am assuming here, but you will use the original housing being that it will be body colored as the hood. This item will mount to the 2 holes on the under side of that. I am assuming that the mounting holes would be in the lens holding it to the bracket. But that is where I am guessing. I already have a few light strips, but they can be bought from amazon also. you just cut them to the size you need. Mine won't be here till the end of the month, so I will be waiting to see how these go for Garner 7555.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

garner7555

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 07, 2019, 08:12:57 PM

I just seen this post for the first time and will be interested to see if this actually works. I see there is some kind of a bracket with the light strip mounted into it and a lens over that. Is there mounting holes where it would bolt in where the block off plate was? Where did you find your lenses? I guess they could easily be cut from plexy glass and colored orange easy enough. Please post pics when you get it done!!!!

I bought my lenses from Vans Auto, they have better prices than most.   Here is a link to their ebay post as well as one to their web site.    :2thumbs:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-68-69-Charger-Daytona-Hood-Turn-Signal-Lenses-Lens-Pair-1968-1969-NEW-/172049028786?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

https://vansauto.com/product/hood-turn-signal-lenses-68-69-charger/

The housings you ordered have four studs that are made to slide into 4 holes on the factory lenses, so I would recommend buying the factory style lenses.  The thing I'm not sure about is how to mount it in the hood.  This housing that holds the LED strip doesn't have holes to use the factory mounting bracket.  I haven't test fit it to my hood or assembled it yet so I will let you know when I do.   Worst case, I will just attach it to the back of my hood with adhesive.     :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

nvrbdn

I received an email that said they are deciding if it can be made, then they will notify me when it has been decided and made. I thought they were past that already. Oh well. Thanks for the link to the lens.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Just got an email that my parts have been shipped. So I will be able to see them soon.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerguy68

Hi All, reviving an old thread.

I ordered a set of these and already got them (two weeks ahead of schedule!).  But I'm not sure how to mount them.

nvrbdn: have you found a way to mount them? Been scratching my head for a while now. 

On a side note...the lens' are VERY tight, actually don't fit.  I have read that they are a tight fit, but mine are about 1/16" off top and bottom.  Aftermarket hood and lens' and already painted.  Should I just file away what is needed to get them in.

Thanks in advance!