News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Posting Pics to this site....

Started by Beep Beep Dave, March 17, 2016, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

Okay a quick rant but I just hate posting pics to this site....you always have to rename them...then the rename is taken...or host them somewhere else.

FUSTRATING !

Is there a way to change this?

Dave :brickwall:

Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again.
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

I really can't say that I have a problem with it. I guess I am just used to it. When I open my pic's I just right click on it and rename it. If I am grabbing out of a folder, I will go in and add 101 then 102, 103 etc to each pic I want to share before opening my comment. If you want to share a pic that you have posted before, then you need to rename it before you start. Also if you try to post something that is too large, you can't just go and re-size, then post it because you already tried with that pic name. so once you re-size it, re-name it also. :yesnod: Have fun.

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

green69rt

If you have Windows then you should have a program called "Window Live Photo Gallery".  Fire it up, use the file system to find the picture.  Right Click on the picture and choose "resize" from the drop-down-menu.  Chose a new size and click ok.  With a little practice you'll find the dimensions that will yield a file size less than 200KB.  It doesn''t change the old pic but creates a new picture with a altered name.

Example: a file from my camera called "DSC06690.JPG" would get copied and filed under "DSC06690 (600x540).JPG".   Always works for me.

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks for the tips,  I just get frustrated after resizing and renaming I still hit the jackpot with that file name is already being used and I lose what I just wrote out...after I rename again and repost it comes back with you already made that post..... :brickwall:    So then I give up. Not very user friendly.

Still this site is a regular stop for me as I really like it overall.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

XH29N0G

Not friendly, but it trained me to name my pictures with something like try1, try 2, ......You could choose letters to add to the front or end of the name.

Alternatively, you might get a password generator and name things that way.... :lol: 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....