News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BRAND NEW DAYTONA WINGS ?

Started by daytonalo, April 11, 2006, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I CAN PROVIDE AN NEW ORIG HOLLOW WING AS ORIG BUT IT WONT BE CHEAP , I NEED 15 ORDERS @ 2500 EACH AND IT WILL TAKE 8 MONTHS FROM START TO FINISH . THESE WINGS WILL BE MADE WITH ALUM AND THEY WILL BE HOLLOW , THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WILL BE THAT THE HORIZONTAL WILL BE CAST UNLIKE THE ORIG WHICH WAS EXTRUDED , BUT IT WILL BE HOLLOW . THIS COULD FINALLY END THE GREAT WING DEBATE .  LARRY

70daytonaclone

It won't end any debate at that price

RD

$2500  :o :o

holy cow, what am I getting into?  I want a daytona clone, dont get me wrong, but 2500 dollars for a wing?  geezzzz
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blown70

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 09:43:05 AM
I CAN PROVIDE AN NEW ORIG HOLLOW WING AS ORIG BUT IT WONT BE CHEAP , I NEED 15 ORDERS @ 2500 EACH AND IT WILL TAKE 8 MONTHS FROM START TO FINISH . THESE WINGS WILL BE MADE WITH ALUM AND THEY WILL BE HOLLOW , THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WILL BE THAT THE HORIZONTAL WILL BE CAST UNLIKE THE ORIG WHICH WAS EXTRUDED , BUT IT WILL BE HOLLOW . THIS COULD FINALLY END THE GREAT WING DEBATE .  LARRY

Larry, 

I love a wing. Sadly I would not be able to do this right off.  To me this is way above and beyond cost wise for a clone car.  I think for a original daytona these would be nice.  Sorry I would have to pass myself.

Tom

daytonalo

HEY CUPCAKE , THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL PAY FOR A SHEETMETAL WING ! THIS WILL LOOK , SMELL AND FEEL LIKE AN ORIGANAL AND IT IT WONT BE SOLID .

Blown70

Quote from: daytonalo on April 12, 2006, 03:26:50 PM
HEY CUPCAKE , THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL PAY FOR A SHEETMETAL WING ! THIS WILL LOOK , SMELL AND FEEL LIKE AN ORIGANAL AND IT IT WONT BE SOLID .

Ok Chump.... ::)

73rallye440magnum

I hope you're joking about the cupcake thing...
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

dayclona

Larry, I would gladly plunk down $2500 for a nice new repro cast Aluminum daytona/ bird wing, if correct in appearance,..........seeing that originals are climbing in price, and becoming non-exsistant,...........most people balk at that price for a clone, I believe your clone should be finished just as nice as one of those so-called " numbers matching " cars!,...............just because it's a "clone" doesn't mean  you have to build it like a peice of shit

you see the mentality that I was talking about Larry, regarding" Wingers",............to ask 15 potential "Wingers" to lay out $2500 each(total $37500) to develope/ fabricate Daytona wings,..............well you'd  have a better chance scoring with Pamela Anderson!!!!!!!

This is why it takes so long for products to appear on the market!...........we want this,that,etc, etc,.............well when it gets here , then the cheapness just starts oozeing out,.............look at the Challenger full rear Qtrs! $599 each, and people still bitch/ rant, why can't they be $399 each, if they were,........they'd want them to be $299, and if they were, why not $199?...............if this "hobby" is too expensive for you?................build model kits? collect Barbie dolls!...............I,m not rich, but either I sacrifice other things to obtain the cars/ parts that I want,..............or I make them!.............I'm just as cheap as the next guy, , but I'll be sure to obtain a premium part, because the price of junk, will  show it self! in the end product............the shitbox, everybody says you drive!

So Larry, like others in the hobby, that want to better it,.............your in the "boat",..........but you don't have any orrs!, ..........everyone will wait for YOU to commit to your wing reproduction  project, then sit back and bitch about the $$$$$$$$$, that's what they do !..........welcome to the "club" :flame:   

Mike G/ DAYCLONA

daytonalo

YOU GOT IT  SUNSHINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chargervert

Hey Larry, Thats the problem with this market,you can offer an as original part,and everyone will bitch about your prices. Mike makes all of the internal pieces for the nose,in steel as original,as well as the front valence,latch tray,wing washers,and braces,that are all NOS quality,and everybody bitches about the price of the parts! I think your customers,would be limited to the small group of people,that have original wingcars,or would want to spend the cash to make an exact wingcar clone!Your market is very limited! You will have a hardtime selling $2500.00 wings to a bunch of guys that I bitched out because they did not want to spend sixty bucks for the right grill screen! I am always glad to see someone who wants to step up,and raise the bar to make better quality,more accurate parts for these cars,but you have to consider the market! I'm not trying to discourage you Larry,I'm just trying to tell you what your up against! Mikes wing is not just a bunch of sheet metal,thats welded together,the top of the uprights are milled from soild blocks of steel,as are the wing bases,and the internal pieces for the blade. There is a lot of time involved machining these pieces,and that is why the price is what it is. Fortunatly for me I have an original wing on my car,that I bought about twelve years ago,for a grand! Those days are long gone! Ted tried to talk me into selling my original wing,and buying one of his fiberglass wings,he said his wing was stronger than my original aluminum wing! I'm sure glad I still have the original wing!

daytonalo

daytonalo

I NEVER IMPLIED THAT MIKES WING IS JUST A BUNCH OF SHEETMETAL , ALL OF HIS PARTS ARE FIRST CLASS . LARRY

chargervert

Hey Larry,I wasn't quoting you,I just wanted people to know how thw steel wings are constructed! As Mike stated,when Goodmark realeased the new full Challenger rear quarter panels,everybody on Moparts,and here on DC,was crying about the price of the new panels,and I was in my truck,on my way to pick up my pair of rear quarter panels,at Atuobody Specialites in Connecticut! We as a group,are not independantly wealthy,but are willing to sarifice to get the better quaility parts for the cars we build! I thought those panels were a bargain,after I paid seven grand for the convertible NOS rear quarter panels that I bought for my wifes Challenger convertible! Two years ago I paid $2500 for a pair of rust free California cut off rear quarter panels for my Daytona project! They are sweet pieces,and I would do it again!Sometimes you just have to antee up for the best parts! If I did not have an original wing already I would probably already be on your list!

daytonalo

I'M ON THE SAME PAGE !   LARRY

chargervert

Quote from: daytonalo on April 12, 2006, 08:18:33 PM
YOU GOT IT  SUNSHINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote                                                                                                                                                                                          I was going to say,even Mikes wife never called him sunshine! :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

RD

geezz.... you all need to chill out. You make it sound like you are doing us a favor or something and then you go ahead and bitch even more when we disagree with your opinions about what we want to spend OUR money on? Yes, its our money.

You guys who want $2,500 wings go ahead and pay for it, but just because you are offering does not mean that everyone will bite and agree with you.

You all may make quality parts, and that is fine and dandy, but just because you make these parts does not constitute your snide attitude when others decline your offer.  That is just childish and obtuse.

If it wasnt for hotrod98 I wouldnt be wanting the clone I seek, but if others in this "clone" business have attitudes such as yours, then by god, I will just keep my 70 the way it is.  I do not need your attitude, remarks, or your daytona godlike condescension.

Man, this hobby is going to shit... hell in a handbasket.. or what have you when people offer their wares, get some denials, and then act like fricken 5 year olds because of it and directly berate others due to them being questioned.

Quoteeveryone will wait for YOU to commit to your wing reproduction  project, then sit back and bitch about the $$$$$$$$$, that's what they do !..........

I am not asking him to commit himself to anything so do not get to far ahead of yourself there tonto...  I think you all are making a mountain out of an anthill.  I am sure there are many people here who are financially more endowed to spend the amount you desire, I am just not one of them.

If that pisses you off to high heaven, then by god get a prescription for some valium and learn how to relax, and remember, YOU ARE NOT DOING ME ANY FAVORS, SO DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BITCH IF I DO NOT WANT YOUR DAMN PRODUCT.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemigeno

chargervert

Hey RD,I think you need thar script! Larry was just putting out a feeler,to see if there is enough interest in an exact repro wing! And we were just telling Larry how the market is for parts priced in that range! And were not sugar coating it! If you want to build your clone with plywood,duct tape,and storm door hardware,by all means spend your money any way you choose! You are proof of how limited Larrys market is! I hope he does make them! I would like to see one! Larry is currently building a Daytona on a budget,and using the fabricating skills he has to make the parts he could afford strong,and functional,and is sharing his photos of the project with everyone on this sight!You guys should take a few pages out of Larrys book,instead of bashing him,and others who are trying to offer high quality parts for our cars!

daytonalo

HEY R.D I THINK YOU HAVE YOUR THONG PANTIES ON TOO TIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hemigeno

wetfeetmi

Some of these replys never cease to amaze me! Spring is in the air and we should all be in a good mood. This is hilarious. It is also very entertaining. Maybe we should settle disputes with pistols at dawn. I for one appreciate the help I have recieved from long time members. If my opinions about a topic differ, I politely remark about it or keep my trap shut. Thanks Larry for trying. Mike makes a good point. He should know!   Rick

hotrod98

"Variety is the spice of life" as the old saying goes. If we were all the same and all had the same opinions this would truly be a boring world. The key here is to respect other's opinions even when they differ from your own.
Every one has a different depth to their pockets. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way it is. Respect it.
We all share the same love for those big hunks of metal and we need to work together to help each other reach that goal of putting another daytona recreation on the road.

Thanks Geno for not locking the thread. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

chargervert

Hey Hot rod,you mean thanks Geno for unlocking this thread! :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Was it locked and then unlocked?  I might have missed that part. I know the last time the debate got a little heated, the thread slammed shut for good...and it was my thread. ::)

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams