News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turn Signal Switches 69 vs 70 part...$$$

Started by sanders7981, March 25, 2016, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I'm in the process of rebuilding the steering column and wanted to try and "save" the turn signal switch... Well, looks like that isn't going to happen.  So I looked at the price difference between 1969 and 1970 model years (Classic Industries) $114.99 for the 69 part, and $49.99 for the 70 part! Is there that much a difference between the 69 and 70 Charger that these two parts would not be the same?  Any one know the answer to this?  I'm all ears...

Also, how the hell do you get the bottom push pin out of column?  Not the rolled pin... The solid one inside the coupler.

A383Wing

the 70 unit is way larger and also has the 4 way flasher pull knob that comes out of the side of the column....you can't put a 70 switch in a 69 column and expect it to fit or work.....(unless you change out the entire column, which will entail a lot more re-wiring work as well)

sanders7981

Quote from: A383Wing on March 25, 2016, 06:37:08 PM
the 70 unit is way larger and also has the 4 way flasher pull knob that comes out of the side of the column....you can't put a 70 switch in a 69 column and expect it to fit or work.....(unless you change out the entire column, which will entail a lot more re-wiring work as well)

Ahhhh thanks for the schooling!  Well, damn.  Looks like it's the more expensive of the two. 

purple70rt

Go to auto zone and get one for a 78 dodge truck, some wires are a different color but everything works, you will need to trim the flasher switch wit a razor blade a little but once installed you cant tell it for a nice driver. was a bout 35 I think. Put it in my 70 charger.

GreenMachine

Be sure and check your brake lights after installing a new turn signal switch. On more than one occasion, I've had one or the other brake light not work.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.