News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New model LX brakes

Started by 1965gp, March 29, 2016, 08:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1965gp

I need to do the brakes on my wife's '12 SRT8 Charger. This is our second LX car (first was a sublime Daytona) and the brakes have always squeaked on both cars. Anyone have any suggestions or products they are happy with? Get OEM? Aftermarket like Hawk? Local parts store?

Thanks,

Jeremy

c00nhunterjoe

Get the cross drilled and slotted kit from summit.

1965gp

Which brand? Or the Summit brand?

FJMG

I used OEM rotors on my 06 srt8 and hawk pads, the pads do like heat, as you first touch the pedal the brakes are not unlike any other car, as you continue to press and the heat builds they really shine. Almost a logarithmic scale on pedal pressure vs. Clamping force. After the install in 2012 I was initially concerned about how easy they would be to modulate, but now, 40,000 miles later they still have excellent stopping power and still don't squeak. They still dust though, but not quite as much as OEM.
I would have no issue buying these again. Quite economical actually for a DD SRT8.

1965gp

Perfect- thanks for the info

c00nhunterjoe

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/pwr-k2853-26
Had these on my 07. Impressive upgrade over stock. Just look them up for your model.