News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DOH movie 2005 , general lee 8 for sale

Started by tan top, April 04, 2016, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68RT440

I see a flag in some pics and no flag in others...wonder if they got freaked out about the "politically incorrectness" of the flag and removed it...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Cncguy

I think he's about 20k to high especially if he defaced the car because of political correctness.

myk

Quote from: Cncguy on April 05, 2016, 04:55:48 AM
I think he's about 20k to high especially if he defaced the car because of political correctness.

Yup, that's a bone head move.  The buyer of a wrecked General Lee will not be offended by the Confederate flag...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

alfaitalia

If memory serves....there was no flag on the roof for the first part of the film. If you remember it was painted on without the boys noticing until a lady in another car took offence to it. So itcould be from the start of the picture.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

The no-flag early version (in the movie) was a totally different paintjob including the orange shade.  This thing should have the flag.  (And a black grille, and 7" wide wheels.)

The flag may have just been photoshopped off here.  Or it could have been covered with a removable orange vinyl wrap, like Warner Bros did on their remaining display GL.  

At any rate, the movie cars used a known orange paint color and known catalog GL graphics.  Many of the movie cars have been repainted for resto work already.  The screen-used paintjob on those cars is not proving as crucial to the value as it is on the old TV cars.  

Drache

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 05, 2016, 08:47:16 AM
 The flag may have just been photoshopped off here.   

I know when selling on Ebay you can't have a Swastika showing in your pictures (which is hard when selling WWII items). Maybe they have the same rule about the "Rebel Flag" now?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Cncguy

I contacted seller this is what he said...

comet_666

I would never buy anything from someone who cannot even to take the time to spell check.

Kern Dog

Hey! He is good pepole !

Yes, I spelled it like the seller did.

GL#10

That is Tyler's Gl ,  the flag was faded bad , that is why it was replaced ,  he rebuilt the GL using a bunch of the spare parts that where sold along with the Generals at the GAC auction in california .

It is the only Movie Gl  still sporting all the on screen damage ,  this one also had the actors  Johhny knoxville and  Sean William Scott  in it as well .

Alex87

I know him he is the one I bought my charger from. The car has the flag. The flag it came with was badly faded so it needed to be replaced.  some of the pictures  where  taken before the flag was put back on.
69 Charger 440

Brock Lee

They used off the shelf Phoenix Graphics decals for the movie..so it will be easy to put back 100%.

Wakko

Anyone know where this car is now?

Edit:  OLD POST ALERT...VERY OLD POST!!!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Back N Black

I'm not into the GL thing at all, to me its a beat up small block charger.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

QuoteI'm not into the GL thing at all, to me its a beat up small block charger.

Some people would look at a Charger with 572 Hemi and say "I'm not into the cloning thing at all.  To me it's just a 318 car."

Others can look at a 426 Hemi survivor and say "I'm not into matching numbers.  To me it's just a 14-second car with dog-dish hubcaps and dull paint."  

It takes all kinds.  

G-man

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 08, 2018, 10:19:15 PM
QuoteI'm not into the GL thing at all, to me its a beat up small block charger.

Others can look at a 426 Hemi survivor and say "I'm not into matching numbers.  To me it's just a 14-second car with dog-dish hubcaps and dull paint."  

Couldn't agree more.  :2thumbs:

Wakko

My '91 Oldsmobile Ciera had matching numbers.  :(  Unrestored BARN FIND! 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Kern Dog

The only matching numbers 440 vehicle that I have ever owned.......

Godsmack635

Nice rig KD!  Don't see too many of those around.

Kern Dog

Thank you. It looks better in pictures!

Baldwinvette77

I don't even think his figures are accurate, the freeway jump car was a 70 as well, and a couple of the fast and furious 1 chargers were used but I'm not sure they we're really 70's to be honest

Wakko

IIRC the FNF Charger was billed as a 70 but was a converted 69.  Usually it's the other way around..!
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: Wakko on June 08, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
Anyone know where this car is now?

Edit:  OLD POST ALERT...VERY OLD POST!!!

It is in the Queens, NY area today

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

johnnycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on June 09, 2018, 02:56:02 AM
The only matching numbers 440 vehicle that I have ever owned.......

This is AWESOME! !