News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying project xx29l9b386542

Started by taxspeaker, April 09, 2016, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                  18 March 2022

Previous post was 3.5 years ago. Did the car ever get finished? Just Curious.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

hemigeno

WINGIN IT

Very cool car. $300K+ cool? Not sure.
Anyone know if nose is real or a Janak nose?

Wolfe440

Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 20, 2022, 06:54:34 AM

Nose is all metal.

Wolfe440

It's on Hemmings. I spoke to owner, he is talking with someone regarding a trade that may happen.
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/charger-daytona/2555063.html

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Wolfe440 on March 20, 2022, 09:18:36 AM
Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 20, 2022, 06:54:34 AM

Nose is all metal.

Thanks Wolfe, but an original nose?

Do you know what he's thinking of trading with it?

Wolfe440

The original was too wasted, its new metal, had one made.

He mentioned it was a 71 Cuda. He likes doing restoration, so I presume its one that will need it.

WINGIN IT

Gotcha thanks  ;)

I realized the car has manual steering AND manual drum brakes.
That is just crazy to me, to put all that weight and power in the car and not upgrade those as well.
I hope the new owner has some muscle !  ;D

Wolfe440

Its got Bendix disk on the front. I took the car for a drive and it braked better then I expected, the braking performance and pedal felt good for manual.

The clutch pedal good, car shifted nice.

The manual steering is not bad..., as long as you have some kind of forward motion. Maneuvering at a stand still was a workout. But the good of that is.. I didn't have to hit the gym on the way home.  :yesnod:

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                22 March 2022

$395K seems high for a non original restored Daytona. It wasn't born with a Hemi and sticking one under the hood doesn't make it a true Hemi Daytona; more in the clone category.  If the owner gets that amount he'll be lucky. The fact that the price is also annotated with "Negotiable" indicates he's not expecting to get it.

Won't dismiss the fact that it looks beautiful. The $990K Super Bird tells me anything is possible. Hope the buyer of it didn't have Buyer's remorse the next morning.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Wolfe440

It also wasn't made original with a warranty motor, and the owner is clearly not trying to sell it as an original Hemi car.

But it is an original 4 speed, Dana, F6 Green Daytona that has been restored so thoroughly and beautifully that with the right care will last the ages.

One can always go spend the 800k plus if they want something more Hemi original.

Qdabopy

Quote from: Wolfe440 on March 22, 2022, 08:31:29 AM
It also wasn't made original with a warranty motor, and the owner is clearly not trying to sell it as an original Hemi car.

But it is an original 4 speed, Dana, F6 Green Daytona that has been restored so thoroughly and beautifully that with the right care will last the ages.

One can always go spend the 800k plus if they want something more Hemi original.

Amen. Car is priced low IMO. Hemi came out of a Daytona, it's as close as you're gonna get. Unless you desire to spend the Million. Beautiful machine.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Wolfe440 on March 21, 2022, 08:21:24 PM
Its got Bendix disk on the front. I took the car for a drive and it braked better then I expected, the braking performance and pedal felt good for manual.

The clutch pedal good, car shifted nice.

The manual steering is not bad..., as long as you have some kind of forward motion. Maneuvering at a stand still was a workout. But the good of that is.. I didn't have to hit the gym on the way home.  :yesnod:

Manual disc better than no disc brakes IMO ;) .
Thanks for the feedback on how it drove.  :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Wolfe440 & Qdabopy are apparently the same.   ;)

nascarxx29

This daytona has been fully restored added a vintage hem and was been for sale
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi-hampton

I remember when people thought this car was way to much when they first wanted $55k :scratchchin: I'm curious why owner bought, Restored, then decided to sell as soon as it was Restored?  :scratchchin: LEON.

Wolfe440

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 07, 2022, 07:20:20 PM
I remember when people thought this car was way to much when they first wanted $55k :scratchchin: I'm curious why owner bought, Restored, then decided to sell as soon as it was Restored?  :scratchchin: LEON.

It's because the owner has Parkinsons, and during the five years of restoration it has advanced to the point he is unable to drive the car, so why keep it. He just had the operation with the device inserted in his brain, and is recovering and waiting to see how well his capacities improve. But its doubtful he will have the ability to drive again.
The car has had offers, but most want to include a trade which the owner does not want to accommodate. One is ongoing that involves cash and a 69 A12 Bee, numbers matching and well documented that needs a complete restoration. He may take it and decide later what to do with it. But frankly he's in no hurry.

Wolf 

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Wolfe440 on August 07, 2022, 08:21:11 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 07, 2022, 07:20:20 PM

It's because the owner has Parkinsons, and during the five years of restoration it has advanced to the point he is unable to drive the car, so why keep it. He just had the operation with the device inserted in his brain, and is recovering and waiting to see how well his capacities improve. But its doubtful he will have the ability to drive again.
The car has had offers, but most want to include a trade which the owner does not want to accommodate. One is ongoing that involves cash and a 69 A12 Bee, numbers matching and well documented that needs a complete restoration. He may take it and decide later what to do with it. But frankly he's in no hurry.

Wolf 

Yeah, I remember reading about the Parkinsons, Sorry to hear this. If I win the lotto I'll buy it. LEON.

69_500

I so wanted to buy this car when it was in Texas. I know I wasn't the only one who was constantly talking to the sellers at that point.

DanielG

Did this car ever sell or is it still available?

WINGIN IT

426HemiChick

Quote from: WINGIN IT on March 10, 2023, 08:32:20 AMI believe it sold recently.

Hi WINGIN IT,                10 March 2023

Any idea how much it went for?

Ran through this complete thread this AM. It sure looks nice.

This thread should be made into an Adventure Flick, lots of twists and turns.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

WINGIN IT

I do not.
The last asking price I saw was $375K I believe.