News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who sells the best weatherstripping kit?

Started by garner7555, April 17, 2016, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garner7555

Who has the best Weatherstips for the money?  This will be going on a 69 Charger.   Thanks!
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

rebby

I used weatherstripping from Supersoft Weatherstripping (in Minneapolis, MN). It's available from a number of different outlets.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Classic Industries part # MB1290 is the correct roof rail seal that has the molded rubber to seat the quarter windows.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

garner7555

So you guys are happy with the Metro Super Soft brand?  I was thinking about ordering their kits from Summit while I have a 10% off coupon.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

69bfan

Pricing for weatherstripping is all over the board for even the same product brand.  The question is what all do you need?  First, look to see if you can reuse your original pieces.  I had much rather have original pieces over any of the reproduction pieces.  I sell seals from Soft Seal, Metro and Steel and none of them will fit as well as the original pieces.  I sell the clips which can replace broken ones and for less than $10, you could replace all of the clips if the seals are not torn or severely wrinkled.  For a 68 to 70 B-Body, the general consensus is that the Metro piece fits a bit better.  Soft Seal had an issue a couple years ago of the seals being too big and hard, but they have retooled and they do fit much better.  Roof rail seals is the same scenario.  The thing that people do not realize is the extra pieces like U-Jamb seals, door end cap seals, door end plugs, quarter glass seals and window felts all should be figured into the project.  Again, use as much of the original pieces as possible, especially as the U-Jamb seals do not fit that well from any of the manufactures.  Specify the Top Cat window felts if you are going to replace them.  I know what I charge for door seals and at this time Classic Industries has very good pricing, but I do not know which brand they carry, but I believe that it will be from Metro.  Personally, I would also not buy any weatherstripping as door seals and trunk weatherstripping until I had the need for them.  You do not want them all rolled up tight or wrinkled up as this can be an issue when you install them.  Also, shopping around, you may find one vendor cheaper on door seals but much more expensive on the window felts or u-jamb seals, so you will have to do your homework to get the best pricing for the best product.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com