News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When the IRS calls---

Started by ws23rt, April 19, 2016, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

Got one of those calls---It went to mesg. right away.--The mesg. was something about a big penalty if I didn't react. :slap:
I called back and the ring lasted a long time. When it did get answered I could hear back ground sounds of lots of conversations going on. :scratchchin:

The (heavy accent) voice said--IRS how can I help you?-- I said I was just calling back on a call I just missed.--
He asked what number am I calling from. ---I asked why he was unable to see my unblocked number?-- He asked again (as if we had not just spoken) what is the number you are calling from?
I said -You folks are the ones that called me. You say you are from the IRS. And you can't even see the number I am calling from???
He said "yeh"  I said "yeh"? their was a pause.----The background phone bank conversations were very busy and I guess this guy got side tracked cause it is their busy season. :lol:
He came back and asked for my phone number again. I asked him if he might just need my SS number instead as he already had my phone number.  He said "yeh"--- and we were cut off for some reason. :scratchchin:

Geez I sure hope those phone bank folks/the IRS don't come knocking on my door asking for my phone number. I just might have to give it to them to avoid a penalty. ::)

Scammers don't have to cause stress. They can be fun.  The same goes for dealing with delusional sellers of cars. They expect a few will see what they are doing but calling them out or alerting them is almost a duty. :Twocents:

RallyeMike

It makes you wonder how many calls they have to make to hook one fish. They have called me at least 20 times in the past 2 years.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Charger_Fan

I guess I'm lucky, I haven't been called once (knock on wood). I don't do much online banking or buying either, maybe that's the trick. :shruggy:
Scammers need to die! :RantExplode:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kpkube

Lately it's been automated calls, no live persons.  I just hang up on those.
I like the ones from microsoft tech center. I tell them I have to turn on the computer and play the windows start up.
Then I play the modem sound and they usually hang up before it ends.

RallyeMike

I also get the Microsoft tech center calls...... Again, at least 20 times so far. I have a MAC.

The unlisted number and being registered on the no call list don't seem to make any difference in the number of junk calls we get.

I like to think that I'm just popular  :coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

John_Kunkel

Got one of those calls from a guy with a Punjabi accent and the caller ID showed a real IRS number (found out later that they can fool your caller ID). Problem is, IRS clearly states they will NEVER make initial contact by phone....only by mail.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 20, 2016, 02:51:46 PM

Got one of those calls from a guy with a Punjabi accent and the caller ID showed a real IRS number (found out later that they can fool your caller ID). Problem is, IRS clearly states they will NEVER make initial contact by phone....only by mail.
I heard on the radio last week that apparently that's a growing problem here in Utah, and they are suckering old folks the most. :flame:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ws23rt

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 20, 2016, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 20, 2016, 02:51:46 PM

I heard on the radio last week that apparently that's a growing problem here in Utah, and they are suckering old folks the most. :flame:

The IRS has gained a reputation. (such as it is).

Scammers use it as one of their tools to make their living as they do.   They (the scammers (not the IRS) :D) are like maggots. They feed on the weak or the dead.
I wonder how many go home to the wife and kids and discuss how their day was? --- Well dear I had a bad day.--- Some of those pesky folks that can take care of themselves took up too much of my time and the take for today was light.---Well punkin  have you heard about the latest scams going??---Just look them up on the internet.  It is a wide open market for your talent.

Sorry--I can get carried away- :shruggy:

nvrbdn

I had the same kind of call. when I answered, you could hear lots of talking in the background. then he announced himself as with the government. I said "you are not from the government"  He said " you a liar, I am government". I started laughing and said "did you actually call me a liar?" He said "yes you a liar" and he hung up.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ws23rt

I've called the number I was told to call several times to give them the money they want from me but they seem to have found a way to filter out my calls to them.   It just hangs up on me. :scratchchin: