News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This 'Bird for sale HAS TO BE a typo !!!!

Started by hemi68charger, April 12, 2006, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Check this thing out... Has to be a typo...........

EDIT: Looks like it's been changed....

**Inactive Link Removed**

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Yeah, I agree...

We should have a contest to see who can guess what numeral is missing, and which digit spot it goes in!

Old Moparz

Okay, I will agree it's just "slightly less" than what they've been selling for, but did you call to verify it was a typo?

Might be pretty funny later on when you read a new topic posted by a member who snagged a lime Superbird dirt cheap. :D

Remember, leave no stone unturned & check into any & all leads. I'd be tempted to call myself, but it isn't just around the corner from me & I've got my hands so full I can't even pick my own nose until late next week.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Beep Beep Dave

It seems like a really nice Bird!!!
I wish I was one of those guys who didn't need to ask about a price...

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

i called and left a message. i had to call several times , it was aways busy. i bet his answering machine is full. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

1-1/2 hour drive for me!  I'll take pictures of it in my garage this weekend!  ha suckers!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

to be honest my Dad might know that guy and if its the same car, we know he bought it for $75,000.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Am I looking at the right add? $190K? What is it that you guys are saying is way off?

Shakey

Quote from: 69_500 on April 13, 2006, 07:18:14 PM
Am I looking at the right add? $190K? What is it that you guys are saying is way off?

Earlier today it was $19,000.00.

69_500

Ah okay, now I understand. I was going to say I looked at the link about a dozen times and didn't see any glaring mistakes.

hotrod98

Quote from: 69_500 on April 14, 2006, 05:12:06 AM
Ah okay, now I understand. I was going to say I looked at the link about a dozen times and didn't see any glaring mistakes.

Uhhhh...excuse me....$190k for a superbird is a mistake.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

True it is a mistake that these cars are selling for that much now, because that means that hardly no one is going to be actually taking these cars out and driving them. If no one takes these cars out and actually drives them, instead of them all being trailer queens how do they expect the next generations to see them and actually appreciate them.
To most people 20 and younger a Daytona and a Superbird are cars that they only see in a museum, or at a car show because 99% of them are trailered in enclosed trailers to shows.

Old Moparz

Yeah, driving the cars is most of the enjoyment, just don't put one into a guide rail like I did last summer.  ::)

Bob                

69_500

I get all kinds of weird comments at shows when I come pulling in driving my 500. About 90% of the people ask me where I parked the truck and trailer. My car is far from being worthy of being hauled on a trailer. It needs a lot to be perfect. Its just that you don't see many others actually being driven. I'm proud to get in mine and drive it to anywhere I want to go.
I"m thinking of seriously driving it to Carlisle this year.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

TomP

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 14, 2006, 08:50:23 AM
Yeah, driving the cars is most of the enjoyment, just don't put one into a guide rail like I did last summer.  ::)

That looks like it'll buff out....
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

69_500

Hey Old Moparz, did your buddy wind up getting that fixed on his Superbird yet?

73rallye440magnum

Looks like your quarter was bubbling a little bit in the rear anyway Oldmoparz. The guardrail just gives you a good excuse for a repaint!
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Brock Samson

you musta felt absolutly horrible....  :P

but i'm smilin' like seein someone slip on a banana peel..  >:(

Old Moparz

Quote from: Stratocharger on April 16, 2006, 08:44:13 PM
you musta felt absolutly horrible....  :P

but i'm smilin' like seein someone slip on a banana peel..  >:(

I sure did feel bad, but nobody was hurt & we're still friends. I had posted about this accident last summer & had mentioned about how important it was to make upgrades to these old cars if you're going to drive them & not trailer them. Anyone that "thinks" they are safe driving around in old technology is fooling themselves. Maybe you're a good driver with all new parts in your car, but maybe you've also been lucky.

I know I was not entirely at fault on this because the car has since been repaired & a problem was found with one of the front calipers. This is the first accident I've ever had that wasn't some idiot hitting my vehicle while I was at a red light. I've been driving since 1980 & have been in many different vehicles, so I have a clean record that goes way back.

This bird was on bias ply tires, the original type of front suspension components, the original type of braking system, & had air shocks out back since my friend was after the same look he liked from the 60's & '70's hot rods. It pulled drastically to the left under some hard braking, & I clipped the guide rail with the driver's quarter as it fish tailed. The guide rail sent me back out onto the interstate sideways where a car hit the passenger quarter.

Somehow, the nose didn't get a scratch on it. I was expecting to see a broken & smashed beak & totally relieved. The car is almost finished as of right now, & my friend had a lot of other work done to the car including steel belted radials & tossing the air shocks. I haven't seen it yet, but I may soon & will take some pictures. I hadn't asked him yet if he wants me to drive it anymore, but I know I'll be just a slight bit nervous if I do.
               Bob                

69_500

Well it is like my dad always says, "A car can be fixed and replaced if it has to. A person can't." So its always good to hear that when things like that happen that no one wound up getting hurt in the process.

bull

Back when I was looking for a '68 I found an online ad for a fairly nice R/T down in southern Cal listed at $1700. I called my brother immediately to head down there with cash and buy it for me but then decided I had better call the guy first. I got an answering machine with the standard greeting plus a disclaimer on the Charger ad saying it was supposed to read $17000. :'( Nuts! But you gotta ask, right? Sometimes I wonder if people do that just to get lots of attention.

69_500

Some times I think that it is definately just to get attention to a car. Then again some times it is truly an accident. In this case I think it was a simple typo, due to looking at the add you can see why they would be asking $190K with the market being what it is and all.

To me though $190K is about $150K too much for that winged car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on April 18, 2006, 07:48:27 PM
Some times I think that it is definately just to get attention to a car. Then again some times it is truly an accident. In this case I think it was a simple typo, due to looking at the add you can see why they would be asking $190K with the market being what it is and all.

To me though $190K is about $150K too much for that winged car.

Danny, most winged cars don't need attention drawn to them...  :icon_smile_big:   Just ask Joe Dirt.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I agree winged cars draw attention whenver or wherever they are for sale. I wish they didn't draw that much attention and it was like it was in the 80's an even early 90's where the winged cars were still kind of an outcast.

Ghoste

Wing cars??  Hell, all Mopars were outcasts.

69_500

Thats true, but even amongst the Mopar fans the wing cars were always a seperate group of people.

Ghoste

A memory that will always stay with me was when I went to the 1st Mopar Nats and the National Hemi Owners always seemed to move in groups of two to four and they always wore their NHOA t-shirts.  Wherever they went, the crowd would part for them in awe.
THEY were a separate group.  Wing car fans were like fastback Charger fans today, more of a cult.

69_500

See I remember going to the 2nd Mopar Nationals, and there being a rather large group of the winged cars there. They parked by themselves, and stayed to themselves pretty much the whole weekend. I don't even remember going to see any cars other than the aero cars.

nascarxx29

Additional info green superbird
Thomas  F, (715) 723-0870, Chippewa Falls, WI.I think I have the vin to it .The info I have matches the same phone number as used in the ebay ad
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701