News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Temp Cable Attachment - ***ADDED QUESTION

Started by john108, April 25, 2016, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

I don't think I have lost any parts but I just don't remember what they look like.
The cable that attached to the temp slider on the dash control switches is shown.
One end loop of the cable slips over a post on the slider but I don't remember what retains it.  
Possibly a washer with teeth  or self tapping nut?
Also, a bracket and screw appear to retain the cable, shown by the arrow.
I would appreciate any help on what the various parts look like, to help me find them.

Also, Where does the other end of the cable attach?

Lennard

It's a metal clip. P.m. me you're cell phone number and I'll send you a picture. I have the loose switch unit in front of me.

john108

sent.
Do you also know where the other end goes?
thank you

john108

I found the ziplock with the clamp and parts.
BUT this was also in the bag.  Do you know where it goes as well as the other end of the cable?

hawkeye

Quote from: john108 on April 25, 2016, 07:27:19 PM
sent.
Do you also know where the other end goes?
thank you
Attaches to the backside of your heater valve.  Controls the amount of water going into heater core.  Clips holds defrost ducts to vents in the dash.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Defroster-Vent-Hose-Pkg-for-1962-1965-MoPar-B-Body-1963-66-MoPar-A-Body-/321762452231?hash=item4aea896307:g:WCwAAOSwoudW6tyo&vxp=mtr

john108

Thankyou Hawkeye,
I checked the heater valve (the one that mounts to the engine side of the firewall).
It does have a post that the cable slips on and a toothed washer to hold it on.

Now I have to find the rest of the clips or get new ones.
I remember ripping the ducts, because of those clips,  trying to remove them.
Maybe Lowes or Home Depot could be the first place to look.

john108

On the end of the cable, there is a fitting that screws on to the bulk of the cable NEAR THE WATER VALVE.  
It has a left handed thread.  Is this for anchoring to something? OR Length Adjustment?

Dino

That's the tensioner to fine tune the cable length.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

john108

Dino - I thought that was the real answer.
THANK YOU

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............