News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 shifter boot help

Started by FJ5WING, May 01, 2016, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

I know it sounds funny but where does the boot screw to the floor, directly to the floor pan or to the floor after the carpet gets put down?
sequence being boot-carpet-bezel or carpet-boot-bezel?
wingless now, but still around.

BLK 68 R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on May 03, 2016, 01:08:26 AM
Carpet-boot-bezel

I agree, but it would make better sense if it were : boot. Carpet. Trim ring. That way the rubber boot seals it to the floor hump instead of carpet.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

FJ5WING

Thanks guys!
I went logical and screwed the boot down first.
At least the seats arent in yet.
wingless now, but still around.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: FJ5WING on May 03, 2016, 08:21:11 AM
Thanks guys!

Either way will work just fine, and as Charger-Bodie said, it makes more sense the other way  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on May 03, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on May 03, 2016, 08:21:11 AM
Thanks guys!

Either way will work just fine, and as Charger-Bodie said, it makes more sense the other way  :2thumbs:

Fwiw . I am pretty sure the way you said is how it's was done.  And is how I do it too ,even though I feel the other way makes more sense.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

303 Mopar

Maybe I'm missing something here but if you went boot first, did you then have to cut a hole in the carpet to fit over the entire boot?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

BLK 68 R/T

The carpet would have the same size hole in it no matter which way you do it. It is just a matter if you put it over the flange part of the boot or under the boot. Either way the trim ring/screws sandwich it all together  :2thumbs: