News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My General Lee build...

Started by rebby, May 04, 2016, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

General_01

Quote from: rebby on June 17, 2016, 04:57:18 PM
I've done a bunch of little things to GL already this summer but this little "modification" has to be the coolest so far!

:2thumbs:

Did you catch him at "Back to the 50's"? My daughter went up there yesterday and got a signed picture of him and gave it to me.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger_Fan

I'm sorry to say I've been away until recently, and have missed your thread until today. What an absolutely amazing build, thank you for bringing us along! :cheers:

And getting John's autograph on your trunk lid is merely icing on the cake, very nice & well deserved. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rebby

Quote from: General_01 on June 18, 2016, 07:43:22 PM
Quote from: rebby on June 17, 2016, 04:57:18 PM
I've done a bunch of little things to GL already this summer but this little "modification" has to be the coolest so far!

:2thumbs:

Did you catch him at "Back to the 50's"? My daughter went up there yesterday and got a signed picture of him and gave it to me.

MSRA wouldn't let us bring the car in to BTT50s so we went to promo event that he was at on Thursday and he signed the car for us there. We met him at BTT50s to get some other autographs and get a picture taken as well.

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 18, 2016, 11:11:12 PM
I'm sorry to say I've been away until recently, and have missed your thread until today. What an absolutely amazing build, thank you for bringing us along! :cheers:

And getting John's autograph on your trunk lid is merely icing on the cake, very nice & well deserved. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the compliments! I have a few more upgrades planned for the summer (headlights and sway bars are next) and I'll be sure to get this thread updated. I find it difficult to keep up on the car projects AND the photos/documentation so I tend to go back and forth between them. LOL

Concerning John's autograph, I agree 100%. I was thrilled that he was willing to do that for me. He was a really nice guy and it was a joy to meet him. Hopefully we'll get to meet a few more of the stars from DOH in the next few years. It would be nice to get a few more signatures on that lid.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

General_01

My daughter said he was very nice. I went up there Saturday with my cousin. I didn't go to his booth to meet him though. My cousin has a bad back and since my daughter already got me a signed picture, I didn't want to have my cousin stand in line. Kind os regret I didn't do it anyways. Hopefully I will meet him some day. Glad you got your trunk lid signed.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

rebby

Quote from: General_01 on June 20, 2016, 07:41:27 PM
My daughter said he was very nice. I went up there Saturday with my cousin. I didn't go to his booth to meet him though. My cousin has a bad back and since my daughter already got me a signed picture, I didn't want to have my cousin stand in line. Kind os regret I didn't do it anyways. Hopefully I will meet him some day. Glad you got your trunk lid signed.

He was really nice. We were just trilled to have an opportunity to meet him. Having him sign the car was great. It's on the bottom of the trunk lid but I still want to figure out a way to protect it.
Curt Rebelein, Junior

JR

Quote from: rebby on June 29, 2016, 10:05:51 AM

He was really nice. We were just trilled to have an opportunity to meet him. Having him sign the car was great. It's on the bottom of the trunk lid but I still want to figure out a way to protect it.

Maybe apply some clear 3M paint protection film over it? It's rated to last around 10 years if exposed to UV light, it should last as long as the car does if it's applied inside a trunk lid.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

rebby

Quote from: JR on June 29, 2016, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: rebby on June 29, 2016, 10:05:51 AM

Maybe apply some clear 3M paint protection film over it? It's rated to last around 10 years if exposed to UV light, it should last as long as the car does if it's applied inside a trunk lid.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking of using. There is even somebody near by who specializes in this stuff. I thought that it might be a good idea to have various parts of the car done as well.
Curt Rebelein, Junior

rebby

We drove out to an old bridge today and snapped a few pictures.

Curt Rebelein, Junior

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

GeneralLee440

I hope my General Lee project looks half as good as yours turned out! Great lookin GL rebby
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee