News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED bulbs

Started by fireguyfire, May 04, 2016, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I'm thinking of changing out some of the traditional bulbs on my 68 charger and replacing them with LED bulbs. I figure other people here have already played with or done this so here's a couple of questions. Which bulbs are the best/easiest to swap out for LED? If you are replacing a bulb, let's say 1157 bulb, do you replace it with an1157 LED or are LED bulbs numbered differently?
Any tips/ recommendations would be great!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

rebby

I just did this on my GL and, for the most part, the bulb numbers cross reference.

I purchased my LEDs from superbrightleds.com and they have a vehicle specific guide that works pretty well. If you end up replacing your blinkers, you'll also need "no load flashers" or load generators. I believe that superbrightleds.com suggests load generators but that seemed counterproductive to me (I wanted to reduce electrical load) so I grabbed some no-load flashers off of Amazon.

Do you have specific bulbs that you want to replace? I can dig through my recent orders and let you know the exact bulbs that I went with.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

fireguyfire

Not really; thinking of starting with non flashers like the front signal lights, side market lights and the back up lights.
I guess the brake bulbs would not involve a flasher either.
Any reference numbers would be great!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent