News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

recommednations on clutch setup 572 HEMI

Started by 1974dodgecharger, May 15, 2016, 09:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

curious what recommendations you guys would say to back a 572 HEMi for street use clutch wise.  I have the centerforce in my current setup, but since its all out right now I mind as well think about upgrading to handle a little more power than my 383 I had.

Im trying to maintain the stock setup i.e. 4 speed, but might do a 18 spline if I can sell the 23 spline current setup.

Scaregrabber

Mcleod Street Twin is the only clutch I know of that will last behind a 572.

Sheldon

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Scaregrabber on May 15, 2016, 11:47:06 PM
Mcleod Street Twin is the only clutch I know of that will last behind a 572.

Sheldon

I googled and believe it or not I always ended up back at Mcleod setup, lol...seems I will be getting that instead.  :2thumbs:

Q5XX29

I have a Centerforce in my '67 GTX with 572 hemi and Mickey Thompsons/Dana 3.73, and it seems to do just fine. But my left leg is getting to be about 3 times the size of my right one.
dakota_gt on Instagram

werner

I BOUGHT A CERAMIC CLUTCH FROM AMERICAN POWER TRAIN FEW YEARS BACK. nOT SURE BRAND(SPEC COMES TO MIND) BEEN BEATING ON IT FOR 2 YEARS BEHIND A 5SPD.  LOTS OF 2ND GEAR BURNOUTS AND NEVER ONCE EVER SLIPPED. IT IS VERY GRABBY ON TAKE OFF, DOESNT SLIP LIKE A NORMAL CLUTCH MATERIAL DOES. WAS RATED FOR 700 HP THOUGH. WSNT THAT MUCH MONEY EITHER
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.