DodgeCharger.com Forum
May 27, 2017, 03:10:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ted Stephens Daytona Wreck Under the Knife  (Read 23530 times)
crj1968
Old Timer

« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »

I'd still take her home

Right!!!!

Why all the hate for this car?

I don't think it's hate as much as it's the idea that it's not pure.  You know like our Charger are.   icon_smile_big

So the "what's it really worth" comes up. It's worth whatever someone will give for it...which I still think will be significant.
Stevetona

« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »

Hopefully they're going to paint it red. On the plus side you won't have to worry about rust for a while now.  Tongue
TiMopar

« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »

I can't help thinking that many of you are missing the point of this build/ re-build/ creation. AMD are merely using it as a demonstation of their products, and what can be achieved with them.
70 sublime
Old Timer

next project 1969 Charger 383 auto

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »

I can't help thinking that many of you are missing the point of this build/ re-build/ creation. AMD are merely using it as a demonstation of their products, and what can be achieved with them.

Why did they not just use a Charger instead to show off their stuff ?

Are any of the Daytona only parts on this car from AMD ?
Wingnut426

« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2017, 12:25:28 PM »

IF the original idea was to show what AMD can do for us, then they should show the before and after unibody in the same stripped condition.  Twocents WINGNUT426

HEMI Superbird
HEMI Daytona Convertible
Aero426
Old Timer

« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »

Agree completely on the mission.    However, when the promotion of the car is done, do you think like most theatre props, it will just go back out into the salvage yard?     

I understand that the car has its place.  In its feral state, you could not throw it away.   It's still a real Daytona - more or less.    Is it as "good" of a Daytona as say one that has an unblemished history?    Certainly not.    It would seem to be a pile of parts surrounding an undisclosed amount of original car with a VIN tag.   More or less. 
Aero426
Old Timer

« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »

Because Chop Cut Rebuild already restored a '69 Charger R/T with AMD parts.    The Daytona makes a much bigger splash because of its pre-restoration condition.   
warmpancakes

« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2017, 02:21:39 PM »

I'm in the auto business.   A vehicle is legally defined by its paperwork - not the metal.   You got the tag and title - you can replace it all.   

Heck Ford even licenses new 66-67 Mustang shells - all you need is an original vin and title.

not In Michigan Dynacorn bodies are assigned a VIN when they come into this state

the law varies from state to state
TiMopar

« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2017, 06:23:27 AM »

Because Chop Cut Rebuild already restored a '69 Charger R/T with AMD parts.    The Daytona makes a much bigger splash because of its pre-restoration condition.   

Exactly; publicity. And judging by this thread, they achieved this. It's not as if there has been some effort on AMD's part to conceal anything. I remember a time when there was absolutely NOTHING available for these cars, save for some silly priced NOS stuff. We should all be grateful these panels are available.
Charger_Fan
Old Timer

Undercover Charger

« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »

I wonder if they are going to make the '70 hood available now?

held1823
Old Timer

« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »

Exactly; publicity. And judging by this thread, they achieved this.

this thread is not a good barometer to gauge interest in the current project. There are more than a few threads here about this particular car in its junked state.

I don't discount what you meant by publicity, and agree it's nice to have the parts available. those two things are not mutually exclusive to one another. amd's targeted market existed without the reality tv show. the only (new) publicity gained is for the show, 99.99% worth of whose viewers will never spend a dime on amd sheet metal.

ernie helderbrand - 409053
wingcarenvy

« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »

Highbanked Hauler
Old Timer

« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »

No big deal, its just another car and the hobby if you can call it that is changing or I should say the people in it are changing. The last BJ I saw the modifides were bringing the same or more money than the stockers in many cases.

69 Charger 500, original owner  
 68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
 92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
 04 PT Cruiser
tan top
Old Timer

69 R/T SE -A47-Y2-CRX-V1T-V88

« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »

popcrn  hour & five minutes video   yesnod  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCu5xVBvv5E
moparstuart
Old Timer

Kansas Mafia Member , Overland park Ks.

« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »

Wow with this one at least they were alot more open and honest about what they left and what they replaced . 
 With the previous CCR XP hemi charger the Magic of reality TV edited out alot of what they replaced , and even after being asked several times we never got to see the suppost to have been there Hemi torq Boxes on that rebody .
  Then there are the Grave Stone Carz rebodies that get shipped off and magically return with all new AMD sheet metal .   I assume someone told them
 to show more and more  to slowly make us think this BS is more and more acceptable  . 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE
cdr
Old Timer

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa453/cdrmorsp

« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:39 AM »

Wow with this one at least they were alot more open and honest about what they left and what they replaced . 
 With the previous CCR XP hemi charger the Magic of reality TV edited out alot of what they replaced , and even after being asked several times we never got to see the suppost to have been there Hemi torq Boxes on that rebody .
  Then there are the Grave Stone Carz rebodies that get shipped off and magically return with all new AMD sheet metal .   I assume someone told them
 to show more and more  to slowly make us think this BS is more and more acceptable  . 

Grave Stone Carz rebodies   smilielol

512 low deck,3.54 Dana,a518 overdrive, cold ac, daily driver
1968 CHARGER REGISTRY
https://sites.google.com/site/1968chargerregistry/
Mopar John
Old Timer

« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »

Recently I viewed an online video of Ted Stephens salvage yard.
In the comments that follow it was mentioned that the reason there are so many restorable hulks in the yard.
It says that when the cars entered the yard the titles were surrendered and the cars were to never leave the yard and only be parted out.
So it makes me wonder if this is true what will happen to the Daytona?
MJ

moparstuart
Old Timer

Kansas Mafia Member , Overland park Ks.

« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Recently I viewed an online video of Ted Stephens salvage yard.
In the comments that follow it was mentioned that the reason there are so many restorable hulks in the yard.
It says that when the cars entered the yard the titles were surrendered and the cars were to never leave the yard and only be parted out.
So it makes me wonder if this is true what will happen to the Daytona?
MJ
Alabama is one of the easiest states to get a replace title , they have very loose DMV laws

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE
Devil
Old Timer

"He wasn't always an Evil Monkey"

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »

The Daytona did not have the title turned into the state as junk. 

69DAYTONASE

« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »

This is a real Daytona and at least someone has taken an interest in bringing it back to life again rather than have it sit in a boneyard rotting away. I think this restoration no matter what the motive is personal or business should be celebrated for the commendable effort that it is.
Hey, another Daytona is being brought back to life! Pretty cool ain't it? 2thumbs

"My other car is a farm tractor"
DAY CLONA
Old Timer

« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »

Are any of the Daytona only parts on this car from AMD ?

The Daytona parts are a combination of reproduction parts fabricated by me, Dayclona and some original parts, just the back glass and trim is offered by AMD, the glass is on hold currently because of fitment issues, the trim has fitment issues with the 2 upper pcs

Mike

still winging it at www.officialdayclona.com
held1823
Old Timer

« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2017, 02:17:34 PM »

Hey, another Daytona is being brought back to life! Pretty cool ain't it? 2thumbs

not cool at all. not every car was intended to, nor needs to, survive.

ernie helderbrand - 409053
alfaitalia

« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2017, 03:52:33 PM »

Agreed....it's not been bought back to life ....it's a different car! My grandad died....but it's fine as we managed to resuscitate my uncle...so that's ok then.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!
Davtona

« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »

Agreed....it's not been bought back to life ....it's a different car! My grandad died....but it's fine as we managed to resuscitate my uncle...so that's ok then.

Agreed X3     NO not pretty cool.  rotz

Highbanked Hauler
Old Timer

« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »

If a car had a soul,  bringing it back to life wouldn't be "right" but it doesn't .. It is assembled component parts and there doesn't seem to be  fraud involved because its history will travel with it. If you were trying to say it is on the same level as Tim Wellborn's (sp) 6 thousand mile burnt orange Hemi Daytona (IT AIN'T ) and its not worth the same money either.  On E-bay I have seen RK  MOTORS ask $200K for a couple of their modified finished Chargers so with  this Daytonas  history its worth  what someone will pay. If you are looking for an investment car , THIS ISN'T IT.  popcrn Twocents

69 Charger 500, original owner  
 68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
 92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
 04 PT Cruiser
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: