News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fast and furious 8 chargers

Started by chargerman69, May 19, 2016, 08:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteHey I wonder who makes the rear spoiler for it?  I put that sucker on and I'll have a ton of downforce!!

A Daytona rear wing would be smarter.  

Spoilers cause massive drag for a given amount of downforce.  
That's why the factory didn't repeat the 66/67 style decklid spoiler on the 69/70 aero cars.  

J-440

Mike I feel you brother, I was trying to act like a ricer boy.  That type of spoiler would be great on a road coarse though.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Mike DC

euroZ06

i actually like it... Though wish they kept 68 front end, with headlights closed. Then again, I'm "only" 30, so you can call me the younger generation.

68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

Reezee

Hi guys,

I've been a member for a while but never bothered to log in, since i dont own a Charger yet. But when is saw this topic i figured you might like to see these new pictures of the car.

Thinker of thoughts such as: "What have I gotten myself into" & "This car is going to be so awesome when it's done"

Follow my restoration on:
YouTube under Richard's Resto
Facebook.com/MoparRichard
Instagram.com/MoparsInEurope

cbrestorations

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 22, 2016, 07:56:42 PM

QuoteHey I wonder who makes the rear spoiler for it?  I put that sucker on and I'll have a ton of downforce!!

A Daytona rear wing would be smarter.  

Spoilers cause massive drag for a given amount of downforce.  
That's why the factory didn't repeat the 66/67 style decklid spoiler on the 69/70 aero cars.  

Nascar Daytonas used the rear wing more as a rudder to keep the car stable than it did for downforce purposes. Deck lid spoilers work good especially with a fastback to streamline the air to it.  It's the shape of the ass end that creates the drag issue.  If the ass  end of a charger had a diffuser  the deck lid spoiler would really benefit from it

cbrestorations

Quote from: Reezee on June 24, 2016, 03:07:08 AM
Hi guys,

I've been a member for a while but never bothered to log in, since i dont own a Charger yet. But when is saw this topic i figured you might like to see these new pictures of the car.

Is this the new "back to the future" movie car or f&f?

myk

That's what I was thinking.  I like the spoiler though...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lennard

morepower

hideous. but the movies are fun although super over the top.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

tan top

cant the f&f , script writers , leave the charger alone  now ,  & write in another model of car ,  think they are making it a look more like a joke , cartoon type car  , embarrassing really , more like a product of a five year olds active imagination , is it going to turn in to a space ship next & fly to mars  ::)!!   whats it going to look like  in the F&F9 ,  is it going back to the future  ! &   Dom will be fitting flux capacitor to it  , FFS  ::) ...
 any F&F fans here  , who love the 70 in these  films  , no offence , , every one to their own ,   I love the fact it gets a whole new generation or two of car enthusiasts ,  exposed to , the most beautiful shaped  car that has ever been or will be made , well in the first few films anyway :P ....
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mike DC

This version of the Charger is inspired by Ken Block's AWD vintage mustang in one of his Gymkhana videos. 

I like the idea of going in a WRC rally type direction, but I don't think this one looks very good.

The upside is that these are Chargers in outer skin only.  Just the roof & sides of the unibody.  The front clip is glass.  They really aren't killing solid donor cars to build these.

cbrestorations

Actually they did kill 5 charger and good ones.I know because I bought some of the parts from the cars. Rust free fenders, hoods dashes, nice interiors, exc...exc... they were complete cars some of them. It was sad, knowing they cut up 5 more chargers when they could have just bought the outer skins from amd as that's all they used to build those hideous looking wanna be chargers

1969 R/T SE

Why did they do the stripe and the v88 emblems, and why does it look like they used parts off of every 2nd gen charger  :eek2: :brickwall:

Brightyellow69rtse

i still like all the movies. well except for 3. i enjoy them for what they are. its action fantasy, if you pick everything apart then you wont enjoy it.

plum500

Ha. Reminds me of a drawing I did about 11 years ago... :rotz:

G-man

Quote from: Lennard on May 19, 2016, 08:11:40 PM
Half Corvette,  half Charger.  :eek2:

Thats what I always thought with the round corvette lights the 68 used.  :D

polywideblock

I like them , but I'm an action movie junkie    :lol:     its escapism , not meant to be taken seriously  :rofl:

maybe in 9 or 10 they can save Barny and Christmas( the expendables )   that would be a good one  :scratchchin:

and they show you them building a "new " charger for Dom in a couple of them it isn't meant to be the same car .

very nice 70 RR's in a couple too,  all mopar  :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

cincyboy

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 19, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 19, 2016, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: cbrestorations on May 19, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
Because of their movies I never used nitrous, I work too hard to put a floor in just to have it fall out when there's danger to my manifold under nitrous...

So much torque the chassis twisted coming off the line!

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 23 seconds or less, I'm free.

:haha: :haha:

CornDogsCharger

This is definitely my least favorite Charger from the F&F saga.  I can look past a lot of the far fetched stunts and story line though.  I'm 36 and have watched all of the movies (except for Tokyo Drift) in the theaters.  If you do watch the movie, it is always best at the theater.  But anyways, this car is pretty ugly to me.  The only thing I really like is the color... I like the wheels too... they just need to be tucked inside the regular quarters and not hanging out the side in the same manor that the 4wd truck guys are doing these days. I HATE the Camaro cowl induction hood though.  Maybe the stunts will be cool and I will be able to look past the gaudy looking Charger. 

A few months ago, I got a call from the man who was in charge or purchasing cars.  He was asking if I knew of any complete 71-72 Plymouth Roadrunners, GTX, Sebring, etc.  He said they needed to build a Hero car and that there would be an empty truck passing through my area in the next 3-4 days.  I knew of a couple but was not able to work a deal on them in time.  I've seen a couple pictures of the black RR... if I had to choose, I would rather have the RR over the Charger from this movie.  It looks much better.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

polywideblock

just FYI  "Tokyo drift "  should have been F&F 6   7 starts with the funeral from the end of it , just so there's "continuity ".
the whole  "drift" thing does nothing for me but the cute girls in the short skirts made up for it  :scratchchin:
come to think about it that's the reason I watched them all  :icon_smile_big:  the mopars were just the icing on the cake , REAL nice 70 RR's in TD and 7 by the way

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mike DC

QuoteThis is definitely my least favorite Charger from the F&F saga.  I can look past a lot of the far fetched stunts and story line though.  I'm 36 and have watched all of the movies (except for Tokyo Drift) in the theaters.  If you do watch the movie, it is always best at the theater.  But anyways, this car is pretty ugly to me.  The only thing I really like is the color... I like the wheels too... they just need to be tucked inside the regular quarters and not hanging out the side in the same manor that the 4wd truck guys are doing these days. I HATE the Camaro cowl induction hood though.  Maybe the stunts will be cool and I will be able to look past the gaudy looking Charger. 

A few months ago, I got a call from the man who was in charge or purchasing cars.  He was asking if I knew of any complete 71-72 Plymouth Roadrunners, GTX, Sebring, etc.  He said they needed to build a Hero car and that there would be an empty truck passing through my area in the next 3-4 days.  I knew of a couple but was not able to work a deal on them in time.  I've seen a couple pictures of the black RR... if I had to choose, I would rather have the RR over the Charger from this movie.  It looks much better.

Justin
"CornDog"

That's interesting about the 71/72 Plymouth.  Those are underrated cars and they haven't had a F&F appearance yet.  Makes sense. 

I agree the Ken-Block-style Charger concept didn't work out. 

It's an interesting idea mechanically speaking.  But it's a losing game to alter that much on the Charger's raw shape.  The car just does not like the wheelwells being flared out, no matter how it's done. 

And the cowl-induction hood needs to go too.  The bodystyle likes the hood staying flat.  IMO the only reason why Dom's usual supercharged look works is because the blower makes no attempt to blend in with the body styling.

JR

The Road Runners (or maybe they're GTX's) look great.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

1974dodgecharger

ALL THOSE CARS RIMS ARE WAY TOO BIG!!!  STUPID  ::)

Mike DC

Those crews can literally fill dumpsters full of bent rims when they have to shoot chase footage on bumpy pavement.