News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

qa1 vs hemi k member

Started by 1974dodgecharger, May 19, 2016, 09:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

What would yous pick? I can do a qa1 setup and was told was better than stock k member of mopar, but would need adapters for hemi total costs roughly 880 bucks vs a hemi k member that has been freshed up for roughly 850 or so.

garner7555

I just put a QA1 in my car.  I like it overall but either k-member will work fine.  It's all about which one you prefer.   :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: garner7555 on May 19, 2016, 09:30:49 PM
I just put a QA1 in my car.  I like it overall but either k-member will work fine.  It's all about which one you prefer.   :Twocents:

Does it seem stiffer? Im leaning towards qa1 due to open space Ness of it all...u have any pics?

WHITE AND RED 69

You are going to have to add a 70 style sway bar to that cost and modify you lower control arms. Your Hotchkis 68-69 sway bar won't work with the QA1 K member.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 19, 2016, 11:04:50 PM
You are going to have to add a 70 style sway bar to that cost and modify you lower control arms. Your Hotchkis 68-69 sway bar won't work with the QA1 K member.

Oh man, really. ...that adds to costs for sure....now I gotta think.  I was g9nna get their lower arms anyways.....

garner7555

Yes that is correct.  I should have mentioned that.  Thanks Clayton.   :yesnod:    I also went with their lower control arms and their sway bar.   You cant use the factory 69-back type sway bar.   The k-member is plenty stiff, but so is the factory one that has been upgraded (stiffened).  I do think the QA1 k-member was an upgrade, but looks also played a part for me.  I think it looks cool for all the front suspension to be tubing.   :shruggy:  That pro touring look is what my theme is.  I have pictures but I am absolutly horrible at posting on this site ( that's why I don't have a build thread) but I can email or text you some pictures if you want to private message me your info.

Here is another thread about the QA1 stuff.    http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,123063.0.html
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

myk

Quote from: garner7555 on May 19, 2016, 09:30:49 PM

What don't you like about it?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

garner7555

I like everything about it.  The mounts for the strut bars could be a little beefier but I'm sure they will hold up fine.   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod