News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

QA1 rear 6 link coilover suspenion

Started by 1974dodgecharger, May 22, 2016, 05:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

is there a major benefit for street driving on a 6 link coilover setup vs the leaf spring setup?

WHITE AND RED 69

For street driving..I don't think you'll get that much of a benefit. If you were starting from scratch you could probably justify the cost it but since you already have money into a good setup I'd leave it be.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 26, 2016, 12:56:35 PM
For street driving..I don't think you'll get that much of a benefit. If you were starting from scratch you could probably justify the cost it but since you already have money into a good setup I'd leave it be.

Alright.....

pandamarie

I switched my Daytona clone to an unlawful racing 4 link with coil overs and their subframe connectors and driveshaft loop along with magnum force complete tubular front suspension with nascar sway bars, car rides great corners a lot better, and hooks up hard.
Working on a watts link to make handling better. If Healh holds up plan on doing the silver state race next year.
My 70 6 PAC challenger is still all stock, all new HD parts as of first of this year, and can't hold a candle to the Daytona for ride, cornering or traction off the line.
Love my setup and want to do the same to m challenger now.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 22, 2016, 05:17:59 AM
is there a major benefit for street driving on a 6 link coilover setup vs the leaf spring setup?

To specifically answer the question- no. But what is the overall intended purpose for the car besides a street cruiser. Ie street/strip, street/autocross, or just plain cruiser?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 26, 2016, 10:41:43 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 22, 2016, 05:17:59 AM

To specifically answer the question- no. But what is the overall intended purpose for the car besides a street cruiser. Ie street/strip, street/autocross, or just plain cruiser?

Street cruiser as in daily also....12k miles per year...and drag twice a year for fun..I decided against the 4 or 6 linked since I come to conclusion the moser dana 60 should be bought instead. ...based on other thread.