News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge question 71 charger

Started by Jduv10007, May 22, 2016, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jduv10007

I bought a rallye gauge from someone on here and I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about it. I bought it a while ago but just had the opportunity to get to all my parts due to me being active duty military. Had a lot of parts waiting for me like Christmas. Anyways it is a 71-74 rallye gauge with a 150 mph gauge but next to the to the right there is a clock. Is that normal. I think everything I look at has RPM gauge. Please inform me on what's wrong and what's right. I don't know if the clock works so I wanted to see what a replacement would cost. Any information will help thanks

71charger_fan

The clock is, in my experience, much more common than a tach. I've had three rallye gauge panels off various Chargers and none had a tach. I switched out my clock for a Charger Specialties tach.

71_Charger_R/T

BOTH the Clock AND the Tach were options. You could also find the Oil Pressure and Fuel gauge housed in that opening.

crj1968

Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 23, 2016, 10:25:54 AM
The clock is, in my experience, much more common than a tach.

This is my experience as well.

71 SE3834V

The standard rallye dash as pictured above was standard on the 500, Super Bee & R/T.
The Rallye dash w/clock was standard on the SE.
The Rallye dash w/clock was optional on the Super Bee & R/T.
The Rallye dash w/tach was optional on the SE, Super Bee & R/T, (8 cyl. only).

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1971/71_Charger0019.jpg
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1971/71_Charger0020.jpg

Alot more SE's were built and I'm sure not many of those had an optional tach. Most likely the clock doesn't work. Mine doesn't although it's right twice a day.

71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V