News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Complete Wiring Kit

Started by Mopar Crazy, May 23, 2016, 06:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

I need some help finding a complete front to back wiring kit for my 68 RT. I looked at Painless, they are affordable, but they have no sockets or connectors.
Is there anyone who knows if anyone makes a complete plug-in wiring harness kit with the factory type connectors and plugs that's somewhat affordable ???  Thanks  :2thumbs:
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

lukedukem

For factory plugs it's M&H through year one. But not really affordable. But with the FSM, it's a breeze to install
I don't think there's an affordable solution that offers factory plug and play

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

garner7555

I bought an American Autowire kit.  It is full custom like Painless, but a lot better quality.   :Twocents:   They (American Autowire) are developing a kit for a B body that is going to be plug and play.  Your best bet would be to wait on that in my opinion.    :yesnod:    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

VegasCharger

Quote from: garner7555 on May 23, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
I bought an American Autowire kit.  It is full custom like Painless, but a lot better quality.   :Twocents:   They (American Autowire) are developing a kit for a B body that is going to be plug and play.  Your best bet would be to wait on that in my opinion.    :yesnod:    :2thumbs:

If they pull that off that will be cool. Hopefully it will be a competitive price so Year One can shove it up their A$$ with them cornering the market for the under dash harnesses.

myk

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on May 23, 2016, 06:53:45 PM
I need some help finding a complete front to back wiring kit for my 68 RT. I looked at Painless, they are affordable, but they have no sockets or connectors.
Is there anyone who knows if anyone makes a complete plug-in wiring harness kit with the factory type connectors and plugs that's somewhat affordable ???  Thanks  :2thumbs:

Just use as many of your old connectors and sockets as you can; that's what I did...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mopar Crazy

I do have my old harness, but a lot of the clips and plugs are in bad shape. I'm trying to avoid splicing in plugs and connectors that are 50 years old.
I was hoping someone other then YO made a complete harness. Hopefully AAW has their kit soon.   Thanks for the info  :cheers:

Mopar Crazy

I spoke to James at AAW, they have a complete kit for the A-Bodies. They are developing a B-Body kit and it should be ready some time this year.
I was impressed with their installation instructions, and what the kit includes.
Go to the web site and search 510603 the A-Body kit. Scroll through the instructions. The B-Body installation will be the same. 
Lots of color and detail.  :2thumbs: