News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dose any one know how to clean plastic and remove the age safely.

Started by charger chris, May 25, 2016, 07:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

I have some plastic peases I would like to clean and try to remover some of the age from them. Dose any one know how to do this?
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Lennard

sunfire69

On clear plastic I've had real good results with Simicrome polish..works great on metal too...

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

charger chris

No it's dash peaces trying figer a way to make them look the same color and remove the age and dirt. If it was clear that would be a snap to do. I been cleaning headlights for years .the dash plastic is different type of plastic. It's softer
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Brock Lee

The dash pieces are not raw plastic. They are plated and painted. The "age" can't be washed away. It needs to be replated and painted if you want it to look exact. A lot of folks just shoot the whole things with new black then paint the silver on with silver paint.

charger chris

I am sorry I should it's a 70 dash and is plastic and the plastic is color molded. As for plastic on the cluster I'll have repaint it. But first I have one and it has to be wood grain and that will come later I don't have 600 to give up right now lol.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Brock Lee

They are not factory molded in color. They are a grayish white, plated silver, then painted black.

tsmithae

Lower dash pieces are color molded and I've had great luck cleaning things with concentrated super clean. Super Clean will strip paint but will not harm plastic.

charger chris

Cool thank you. Where is it sold? So I get the right stuff.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

tsmithae

Advance auto, Walmart, etc. The model car guys use it all the time to strip paint from models they want to redo.

Socal69SE

SEM paint products are the best inter ion paint/dye I have found yet.
69 383 SE Charger, 69 4speed Roadrunner, 70 340 Challenger

charger chris

Cool thank you for the info. I am going to have paint my dash and some new parts that I can't find in burnt orange. :2thumbs:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone