News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody heard from Kim at Passion 4 mopars

Started by John L, June 02, 2016, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M5Ivan

I was just emailing with Kim last night and she was just as responsive as usual. She has my motor now, but I don't have an ETA on getting it back. She's only had it a week and a half at this point.

rikubot

Quote from: rikubot on January 25, 2017, 07:59:04 PM
I can only speak for my own experience but my stuff arrived there nov 28 and I had it back in hand December 24th and am very happy with my experience.  :shruggy:

I should have also noted that I didn't get my case zinc plated for money reasons.
'69 Charger, 440/727

tylerk

I've had many dealings with Kim over the last several years and she and Jerry have always been absolutely helpful and more than willing to work with me on my projects. Everything I've received from them has been of excellent quality and I think she's a great gal.  :Twocents:

moparnation74

Quote from: tylerk on January 26, 2017, 02:03:50 PM
I've had many dealings with Kim over the last several years and she and Jerry have always been absolutely helpful and more than willing to work with me on my projects. Everything I've received from them has been of excellent quality and I think she's a great gal.  :Twocents:
Times have changed.....It is not like the past....But the truth will come out!

My last motor was in her shop on March 19, 2016 and in my hands on first week of 9/2016..Do the math almost 6 months?  With many lengthy emails with excuses for the delay....However, when I got it, it was beautiful as always! :2thumbs:

Jerry is a separate issue and people should know the truth.....Same thing.  I have all the communications via email and text that will shine a big light as to the type of individual he really is.....And not some newly signed up members experience or some age old members experience that had parts done eons ago. I had parts done eons ago by him and had no problems but now is different.....Another forum has people with the same issues as mine discussing this.....

HANDM

Quality of work and quality of person are two seperate things although usually the quality or lack thereof of a person will eventually come through.....

Mytur Binsdirti

I sent mine to Bill Meerholz at http://www.bmcuda.com about 2 weeks ago & he just sent me these pictures last evening of the finished product. No muss, fuss, drama or waiting months on end....

alfaitalia

Looks nice....but has not got the character of my rusty, greasy, grimy but as yet untested unit!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 06, 2017, 07:42:38 AM

I sent mine to Bill Meerholz at http://www.bmcuda.com about 2 weeks ago & he just sent me these pictures last evening of the finished product. No muss, fuss, drama or waiting months on end....

Is the barrel plated or painted. It is hard to tell.... :shruggy:

Lennard

Restored wiper motors always look great,  but why does it have to cost $250 - $300 ?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on February 06, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

The barrel is plated, and more to what they looked like originally.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Lennard on February 06, 2017, 09:27:56 AM
Restored wiper motors always look great,  but why does it have to cost $250 - $300 ?

I'll send you a few (4-5) that I need done right away, how about $50 each? that's pretty generous?, but they got to look like I spent about $300+ each on them, plus work like new too!

Send me your mailing address  :nana:

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 06, 2017, 10:49:40 AM
Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on February 06, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

The barrel is plated, and more to what they looked like originally.
:icon_smile_cool: I have seen some that look more like a yellow dichromate type of plating. I would like to have mine be a "correct" finish.. :yesnod: thanks for your reply.

Lennard

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 06, 2017, 12:34:38 PM
Quote from: Lennard on February 06, 2017, 09:27:56 AM
Restored wiper motors always look great,  but why does it have to cost $250 - $300 ?

I'll send you a few (4-5) that I need done right away, how about $50 each? that's pretty generous?, but they got to look like I spent about $300+ each on them, plus work like new too!

Send me your mailing address  :nana:
Yeah,  that totally explains why the restoration of a part that is the size of my hand needs to cost $300. :blahblah:

VegasCharger

Cool.  :2thumbs:

Is that for greeny??

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 06, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

Cool.  :2thumbs:

Is that for greeny??

Why yes it is.  :2thumbs:

M5Ivan

She's had my motor since January 13th and told me the turnaround time was running 14 days. 6 weeks later, no motor and she hasn't responded to my latest inquiry from last week....

Dino

It's so nice to have a 2 speed wiper.   :lol:
Especially when it's hooked up to an intermittent control box.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparnation74

Word to the wise to anyone thinking of getting a motor restored by this individual.....

On 3/12/16 I sent my original motor to Kim for restoration of that motor.  On 8/27/16 the motor was shipped back to me.  Meanwhile this was after countless emails, phone calls, long wasted babbling conversations, excuses.  Got the motor looked good(at least what I initially thought) and packed it away.

Time goes by and I had some dealing with an Ex partner of hers and that deal went South!  That prick Jerry Schmidt, Concours Creations damaged my parts, some beyond repair and I had to pay hefty to get those parts back.  Subsequently, those parts had to be sent to another place for what they should have got it the first place.

After, that it got me thinking about these two and especially her.....So I decided to take the motor apart...

The internals had glass beads throughout.  The end cap was painted not plated and had a gap at the end, so it was not fitted back up properly.  A little lacquer thinner wiped the paint off.  The main casing which is cast was painted as well and a little thinner wiped it off also...

I have pictures of all of this but I don't do photobucket so I cannot post them.  I will link a thread from another forum that has the photos attached.

345.00 plus shipping down the tubes for the restoration of my original motor.....

Guys BEWARE!

moparnation74

Quote from: moparnation74 on February 27, 2017, 09:20:32 AM
Word to the wise to anyone thinking of getting a motor restored by this individual.....

On 3/12/16 I sent my original motor to Kim for restoration of that motor.  On 8/27/16 the motor was shipped back to me.  Meanwhile this was after countless emails, phone calls, long wasted babbling conversations, excuses.  Got the motor looked good(at least what I initially thought) and packed it away.

Time goes by and I had some dealing with an Ex partner of hers and that deal went South!  That prick Jerry Schmidt, Concours Creations damaged my parts, some beyond repair and I had to pay hefty to get those parts back.  Subsequently, those parts had to be sent to another place for what they should have got it the first place.

After, that it got me thinking about these two and especially her.....So I decided to take the motor apart...

The internals had glass beads throughout.  The end cap was painted not plated and had a gap at the end, so it was not fitted back up properly.  A little lacquer thinner wiped the paint off.  The main casing which is cast was painted as well and a little thinner wiped it off also...

I have pictures of all of this but I don't do photobucket so I cannot post them.  I will link a thread from another forum that has the photos attached.

345.00 plus shipping down the tubes for the restoration of my original motor.....

Guys BEWARE!

Pics available via this link
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/beware-kim-passion-for-mopars.126416/

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PlainfieldCharger

:down: Good thing you opened that up. Won't be using them for sure.

twenty mike mike

Years ago, Kim did a great job on my two speed wiper, as far as I knew. I got it back in a reasonable amount of time and it went back in the shipping box, pending working on the firewall and the wiring. Even after it was mounted, testing it had to wait until the instrument pod was installed, to make an end to end electrical connection. When I tested the wipers just last week, the motor sounded like a door in a haunted house, even after the arms were disconnected.

I was just about to call her to return it, and now all this.   :flame:

It appears that Bill Meerholtz does only three speed motors. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!   :brickwall:

M5Ivan

Just received this picture from Kim. She's finishing it up as soon as it dries and is replacing the bulkhead connector and adding the missing pigtail connector for free. Funny thing is, my car should never even see rain.
Fingers crossed!

moparnation74

Quote from: M5Ivan on February 28, 2017, 07:46:16 PM
Just received this from picture from Kim. She's finishing it up as soon as it dries and is replacing the bulkhead connector and adding the missing pigtail connector for free. Funny thing is, my car should never even see rain.
Fingers crossed!
Looks like the other areas got paint also :eek2:  It is not what is visible is the only problem...

I would do a complete inspection...

Your statement highlighted above answers what another may be banking on..... :scratchchin:

crashirv

I took a chance on Kim from Passion4Mopars BIG MISTAKE!  I know this is an old thread, but lets jump to 03/06/2018, my 69 charger came with a nice 3 speed motor, but since I am restoring the car I thought hey lets get the wiper motor restored since they don't make reman 3 speed motors.. MANY MANY emails and phone calls MANY MANY excuses and here we are 07/31/2019 and still no motor. I know sht happens and people have stuff happen to them that may mess up their work and delay when they can finish the job they were hired to do, I get that.. and I heard a lot from Kim about the stuff she was going through but 18 MONTHS! and now she isn't responding to my emails so i filed a complaint with BBB if that will do anything.. If not I hope the next person researching where to send their Mopar B-body 3 speed wiper motor finds this and reads the following " WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT SEND YOUR MOTOR TO KIM FROM PASSION4MOPARS CAUSE YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN GO ANYWHER ELSE WITH IT!!!"  hell for all i know she sold my motor to someone else and made $400 or more on it free and clear.