News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radio Face plate ??

Started by john108, June 06, 2016, 11:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

Hi
1968 Charger R/T
When I removed the instrument cluster and radio face plate, I put the screws (8) in a zip lock bag and identified them.
I just installed the instrument cluster and the 5 screws fit, great.
Now, I got confused with the radio face plate!
The face plate has 3 screw holes but the dash frame has only 2 holes. 
There doesn't appear to be a hole to line-up with the lower left hole in the face plate.
I have the 8th screw.  WHERE DID THE HOLE GO??
What am I missing?
Do you have a screw in the 3rd location in the face plate?

cdr

mine has the three screws installed.    :shruggy:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

rebby

As does mine. It did when I stripped it down too (factory original, never removed).
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

john108

Well, I know I took the screw out.
I will get a drill and hope it only goes through tough paint????

myk

Just leave it with 3 holes.  What's the big deal?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

john108

It just bothered be so I lined up on the hole in the face plate.  Marked it, and drilled a small hole.
It went through too easy to have been metal.  Now the 3rd screw is in!

Dino

Damn! What kind of paint did you used to close up that hole?  ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

john108