News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Glass

Started by chargeral, June 14, 2016, 05:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargeral

I`ve decided to go with all new glass. Has anyone purchased the glass from AMD. Was it a good fit? Should I go tinted or non tinted. Any recommendations.  Your input will be appreciated.  thx.   

Brock Lee

I have a AMD windshield in my car. The fit was better than any other replacement glass I have used. It has a nice authentic greenish tint, but not quite as yellow- green as the originals, more of a bluish green. I hear the other panels do not look good in tint. They are like modern tinted glass in that you can really see spots in the tinting, that appear even more dramatic when you have polarized sunglasses on. I never noticed in in the windshield, but I can understand the other glass is made from a different type of glass.

chargeral

Great,thx for your much needed input.

BLK 68 R/T

Is the glass for a charger? I know the rear windows for other b bodies like the superbee or roadrunner are not shaped correctly. The originals had a concave shape to them while the AMD repro one has basically just a curve to it, so the lower corners do not fit to the molding like they should. There was an article in mopar muscle a few years ago where they installed all new AMD glass in a 70 superbee. someone may know which one it was.

chargeral

My mistake. Yes,it`s a 69 Charger. So can I assume the back glass was a good fit?