News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headliner question

Started by tucknroll, June 15, 2016, 06:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

I'm about to attempt to put a new headliner in my 69. Just wondering how to remove the two small bows by the sail panel. Thanks

70 sublime

Just use a flat screw driver and pop them out by prying close to the end where they go into the roof pannel
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tucknroll

lexxman

Hey I was wondering do have the glass in the car? I'm going to be putting headliner and front and rear glass in. Not sure witch to do first.

70 sublime

Do the head liner first then the glass makes it easier
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tucknroll

Glass is in. I know it'll be a nightmare but I'm gonna give it a shot

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

tucknroll

I got the headliner up by the bows and hooked a few of the teeth. im wondering if the glue is really a must. seems like after all the teeth are hooked and the trim is on, it would be pretty snug. what do yall think?

cdr

did you watch the links I posted ? I had to use glue on the edges .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

lexxman

I'll have to watch those before doing mine. I'll need all the help I can get. :lol:

tucknroll

I did and they were very helpful. I'm just not sure ill need glue all the way around. Its looking pretty good without it so far

lexxman

Isn't there clips on the sides to hold it in place? Those videos will help, I think another pair of hands will be good too.

bill440rt

My headliner install thread:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31212.0.html

Yes, you need glue. Helps to hold it in place.
You'll especially need it around the rear window, sail panels, and the top edge of the windshield area.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tucknroll

I finished it. It was a huge pain but I did pretty decent. The back windows were a nightmare!

HeavyFuel

Yeah...headliners suck.   Probably the only thing worse is the quarter windows.