News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake booster sticking ???

Started by Canadian1968, June 18, 2016, 09:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I was hoping to back the 68 out of the garage under its own power in 2 years ! but when I tried to move the car I could definitely feel something was holding it back . My brake pedal doesn't want to seem to return after pressing it, and is holding the brakes on. I can pull it back up with my foot.  The pedal does not go to the floor.

I bled the brakes again  just to be sure then spent a couple hours looking at the brake pedal mechanism / linkage. There definitely a spot during pedal travel on the return  where it seems to get hung  up . I disconnected the master from the front of the booster and removed the spring from the pedal just trying to eliminate things one by one. From what I can tell it seems to be the rod going into the booster itself ? I do t know why or how?? The brakes worked fiNE before I pulled the engine compartment apart ? It has the factory bendix disc setup .

thoughts suggestions ?