News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about front bucket seats

Started by charger chris, June 19, 2016, 06:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

Are the seat frames for 70 charger the same as 71? I know the fome is different.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Alaskan_TA

1970 & early 1971 frames are the same, large release button, separate hinge covers  & plastic backs interchange side to side.

Mid-71 up, small release button & backs are side specific with molded in hinge covers.

72 up look similar to the mid 1971 style, but no spring basket inside since they used different foam.

charger chris

Thank you. Do they reproduce fome for the 70 charger?
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Alaskan_TA

Bottoms, yes.

The hot rumor is that Legendary will have the back bucket foam available sometime over the summer.

charger chris

That would be cool. Thanks for the info.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

b5blue

The bottoms they sell as 70 are the same part as other listings. I bought 70 bottoms and later gave up waiting for backs. Upon receiving closest match set of foams the new complete set had matching bottoms to I had so they gave me credit for the bottoms returned I used to buy rear seat stuffing kit. They still need some cutting done to work so do not expect perfection.
Not a big deal as mine is a road dog anyway but for some high end builds something worth knowing.