News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

On Oprah?

Started by nh_mopar_fan, April 14, 2006, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

So I am in the gym today and Oprah is on. They're doing a show on how hard it is to get by living on min wage. They're filming in Columbus, OH.

I look up at the screen just in time to see a white winged car pass by as they are filming.

Anyone own that car?

Old Moparz

Not someone on minimum wage I bet.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Sweet T

I was just coming on to say the same thing.  That definitely made my day.  What are the odds, it was only a few second clip of the road.  Oh yeah, I was only channel surfing I wasn't watching it.
T
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

BigBlockSam

i saw that film like 6 months ago and it freaked me out when i saw the superbird go by. therer talking about low wages and there goes a bird. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Surely someone has this clip saved on their computer by now don't they?

would love to see it but since I'm not an Oprah fan at all, I definately won't be catching it on a repeat episode.

BigBlockSam

if i remember crrectly it was white.  :drool5:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Sweet T

white and black I think.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

hemi68charger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 14, 2006, 11:01:00 PM
i saw that film like 6 months ago and it freaked me out when i saw the superbird go by. therer talking about low wages and there goes a bird. Rene

They can't afford a new car, they have to drive that old Plymouth...  ;D

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

doctorpimp

The show is called "30 Days" it is from the dude who made the "Supersize Me" movie, about how he would eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. 
It's a series, shown here in Canada on IFC (Indipenent Film Channel).  He does all sorts of episodes: A white 30 yr old Christian Male goes to live with a Muslim family in Dearborn, Michigan for 30 days, following their customs and dressing like them (beard and all - going through an airport etc).  Another had a 25 yr old Army Reservist from the N East go to live in the Castro district of San Fran, with a gay roomate and go out in the area and live/work (he didn't have to go on dates/have sex with guys).
The one with the 'Bird (I just saw that one this past weekend, and chuckled at the irony of a $100,000 + car driving by) was about how he and his girlfriend could survive on minimum wage in Columbus.
Pretty interesting concept for a show. 

Anyways, it's not just from Oprah so it's OK for us Men to watch it.   ;)
It's just a brief 2 second shot of them waiting for a bus and the car drives by.  I don't know who ownes it.  Anyone from Columbus?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216