News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I bought a new truck

Started by Telvis, August 10, 2005, 03:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Well........I bit the bullet and bought a new truck yesterday. My trip to Texas to buy the 2001 turned out to be a fiasco. The supposed pristine scratch and dent free truck I found on Ebay turned out to be a piece of feces. I just about came to blows with the seller. He was a real piece of work. It was a weekend wasted driving. I won't even mention the money I spent on gas and hotels. Anyhow I learned a valuable lesson. I have bought several cars on Ebay without any problems but this one has ruined all that. I started looking around locally and found out I could buy a new truck with the Dodge Employee discount and rebates as cheap or cheaper than a lot of used ones I had found. Anyhow, I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Ram pickup. I will be taking it on it's maiden excursion to the Mopar Nationals this weekend. I am sure I will probably get my first door ding too.

psykicpup

my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

RD

congrats telvis

break it in right!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

Good deal, I did the same thing last month with a 2004 leftover Quad Cab. It's hard to believe you can get new for less than used.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger4404spd

So guys, with the discounts and all, how much we talking about?

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Man!

Oh & pics pleeeze. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

It's a pretty basic truck. V8, auto, cruise, tilt ,carpet and trailer tow package. That's about it. Nothing fancy just what I need.  I couldn't turn down the deal. The sticker was a little over $24,400 but after the employee discount and rebate it was $17,500. Plus they gave me $6000 for my 99 V6 5speed 67K miles. That's what I was going to try to get out of it on Ebay. I didn't have to pay the EBay fees so it worked out to my advantage. I gave $11,500 plus tax after my trade. I feel pretty good about the deal. I even got a set of floor mats and two oil changes. I wanted a 3/4 ton to pull my car but in all reality I won't haul it very often.  It would almost always be in town. Hoefully I can drive it everywhere. I do haul swimming pool stuff that I sell but I rarely pull more than 3,000 pounds anyway. This is rated for 7,800 pounds. It will do what I need it to do. All of the used stuff I was finding was either junk or they wanted $20K + for a 50K mile truck.

NHCharger

Wow, that seems like a smoking deal. Congrats.
With all the car companies now offering this employee discount pricing thing, anyone who is trying to sell a 2-3 year old vehicle is going to take a beating.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NHCharger on August 10, 2005, 09:14:05 PM
Wow, that seems like a smoking deal. Congrats.
:iagree: Very decent deal! Nice job!

Did you have to beat the crap out of any salesmen to get that good of a deal, or did it all just sort of roll along?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

great job I would love to trade in my 01 ram for a new hemi rumble bee.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Telvis

It was actually a pretty smooth. I ended up at a small dealership two counties away from me. The salesman is an older guy and has been there for a long time and was very laid back. It was one of the easiest deals I have ever made. I was surprised that they gave me as much for my old truck. I pretty much negotiated the new truck deal first and figured I would just come back when I sold mine. The owner of the dealership looked at my old truck and gave me what I wanted for it. It was pretty painless. At least as painless as six hours at a dealership can be. With the employee pricing they don't have much room for negotiating. I'm happy with it. It should last me a while.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Charger4404spd on August 10, 2005, 04:03:05 PM
So guys, with the discounts and all, how much we talking about?

The leftover I found when looking for a used truck had a sticker of $36,800+/- but was in the paper for $23,065. I assumed it was 2 wheel drive & maybe even a "fake" ad to get people in, but it was there. They had two, 2004 trucks left, both 4 wheel drive, but one was sold. That one didn't have the tow package & was $1500 less. I needed the tow package, so I didn't care. Just to see the salesman's reaction, I told him I had to get at least $20K for my Pathfinder. He asked what year & how many miles, & I said it's pretty new being a '94 with only 162,000 miles on it. He had a strange, blank look for a moment which I loved.   :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

Cool Telvis, its black too.   I have a black '76 still going strong.   Have a pic somewhere.   Wouldn't mind having that one though.   Nice truck.    :)

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Telvis

Hopefully this truck will last that long. I try to squeeze as much life out of them as I can.

SeattleCharger

Found some pics, '76 Adventurer Sport, original rallye rims, 318 AT, reblt. eng and trans 50K ago, thinking about taking the canapy off, don't use it as a work truck anymore.  Maybe selling it, I don't know, might be hard to replace if I want an old ext. cab Dodge again.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Blusmbl

Nice truck.  I bought my Ram back at the end of December, and I'm extremely pleased with it.  I've put about 4k towing miles on it, and another 13k normally, and I haven't had any problems yet.  Tows well too.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Charger_Croatia

Congrats!

I can only dream about such thing, as stupid DCX distributor here decided to leave RAM out of selling program for Croatia.   :rant:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport