News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory AC car convert to heat only?

Started by euroZ06, June 24, 2016, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hello,

I have a 68 that came from the factory with AC. The engine has been swapped and all the under the hood components for AC are missing. Under the dash though, I see components for both AC and heater, however nothing is connected to anything (i.e to controls). The hoses from the radiator do go back inside, and there is a valve right near the firewall (on the engine side) that I can open and close to let the hot coolant circulate into the cabin (not sure what the situation is with the heater motor, controls are disconnected, so not sure if it works).

Basically I'd like to have a heater in the car, and I want it to work. I don't need AC (I live in Germany). So, is there a way to convert AC car to none AC car, and how do I check everything and connect it all? All and any help is appreciated (I'm amateur with all this stuff).

thanks!
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

b5blue

First put hoses to and from heater core to see if you have leaks. If you have leaks in heater core you may just want to change to an aftermarket heater core.

Troy

You don't need to hook up the A/C - just run hoses to the box and see if it works. If it doesn't, the A/C heater cores used to be really hard to find and expensive I believe. You can just switch out the whole heater box though. You'll want to put some sort of plate over the big hole in the firewall where the A/C stuff was. There's a valve in the engine compartment that is worth some money so don't throw it away! The controls are different between the two so you'll want to buy the correct ones.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.