News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are sill plate extensions needed?

Started by b5blue, June 28, 2016, 05:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Hey I'm getting ready to do my interior over and spent so much money to get this far I'm just wondering if I can save extensions till later? Do they really hold the carpet in place or are they just pretty trim?  :shruggy: Opinions/advise?

cdr

you could always install them later. they do hold the carpet down next to the rear side panel.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

b5blue

b5blue

Now that the carpet is "mostly" installed I noticed others mentioned the mounting screw ends up under the rear seat. It also goes in at a bit of an angle to avoid hitting any wires under the loom cover on the sides. For the sake of just getting finished I broke down and ordered a pair....jeeze about 40.00.  :eek2: I got sill plates with screws for 49.00!

HANDM

I just glued it down and personally I think it looks better  :shruggy:

b5blue

I thought it helped hold the carpet in place like for getting in and out of the back seat.

HeavyFuel

I left mine off.....looks just fine.   With a little planning the carpet stays down fine.

Dino

I don't think there would be a problem with the carpet. My quarter panels are enough to keep it in place. Carpet tape works great here. But I did install the extensions and I like them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.