News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Ashtray Paint

Started by twenty mike mike, July 05, 2016, 12:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

My '69's ashtray door shows no sign of ever having the textured paint that is used on the rest of the dash. It's the same color, but has smooth paint, as does the knob.

I came across this http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27493.0.html while trying to find which is correct. Paul 500 said that textured paint is correct for the ashtray door. It's been a while since that was posted, and more interior information may have been discovered since then. Anyone else have an input?

It's a C6D Dark Blue interior, if that makes a difference.

Brock Lee

It is the dash paint without the suede texturing agent. It had dulling agent added to it instead.

twenty mike mike

Thanks.  :cheers:  Since the texturing sinks to the bottom, I hope I can just skim enough off the top to do the door.

Alaskan_TA

Is that black paint in the bottom of the 1/4" or long scar at the top right? If so, it may have been repainted in the past.