News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It starts again

Started by RGA, July 07, 2016, 11:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

It's been about a year and a half since my 69rt was stolen and almost that long since I posted on here. I found a 68 charger today, it's been sitting for over 30 years, no drivetrain, needs everything. It's perfect so it came home with me tonight. When I remember how to upload pictures I will post some, project to start this fall.

Brass

I'm sorry your 69 was stolen but also happy about your new acquisition. I hope you have fun with it!

VegasCharger

Glad to see you back. Even better you got another Charger. IMO 68s are better but that's just me. I hope you'll enjoy the 68 as you did your 69 R/T and hopes that you didn't just get a 2nd gen Charger to get a 2nd gen Charger.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new pride & joy.

Welcome  :cheers:

tan top

Quote from: RGA on July 07, 2016, 11:04:48 PM
It's been about a year and a half since my 69rt was stolen and almost that long since I posted on here. I found a 68 charger today, it's been sitting for over 30 years, no drivetrain, needs everything. It's perfect so it came home with me tonight. When I remember how to upload pictures I will post some, project to start this fall.

year & a half  , crikey time flies .

68 sounds good  !! looking forward to seeing pictures & up dates & stuff  :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RGA

I'm going to need a bunch of stuff for this thing. I'll an add in the swap section.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

Congrats!

Post pictures when you can!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RGA

RGA

dual fours

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69rtse4spd

Looks good, any idea on motor yet, got a 400 & 727 complete if you want to just drive for now. Pick up only but the price would be right.

duckmanreno

Nice.

I have garage envy!
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

RGA

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on July 10, 2016, 06:26:03 PM
Looks good, any idea on motor yet, got a 400 & 727 complete if you want to just drive for now. Pick up only but the price would be right.

I have a 440 6 pack with edelbrock heads ready to go and a 4 speed. I am thinking of selling the 6 pack and getting a blower though.

RGA

Quote from: duckmanreno on July 10, 2016, 06:36:17 PM
Nice.

I have garage envy!

Thanks, the garage still isn't even done. I was building it when I found the charger, I wasn't really ready to get another charger yet but I couldn't pass this deal up

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BananaDan

Congrats. Hopefully she will help your wounds heal. Good luck!
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Mopar Nut on July 11, 2016, 01:03:46 AM
Looks good!
:iagree: Looks like you found a nice blank canvas, I hope it goes well. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

freddyd02

dodgey68

when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

TheBipolarRoller

nvrbdn

Has tear down started? Or, are we finishing the garage while collecting the parts? Which ever it is, have fun with it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

r4daytona

Like the others, that looks like a really nice car to start with. Hey, If your not to far away and those Alum Slots are fairly decent, and you're thinking of getting rid of them, I may be interested. Let me know.

68X426

How is this project coming along?  Hope you've made some progress.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 68X426 on August 11, 2017, 02:28:57 AM
How is this project coming along?  Hope you've made some progress.
Quote from: RGA on July 07, 2016, 11:04:48 PM
project to start this fall.
;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)