News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 color time!!

Started by C500, July 10, 2016, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green with white interior or black on black?

Green with white
Black x2
Original green on green

5hunert

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 25, 2016, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: 5hunert on July 25, 2016, 09:24:30 AM
I'm having the same dilemma.  My C500 started out F8, but had a color change to orange very early on.  I like the Day 2 look, which in this cars case included a vinyl top.  So, when its redone, I'm leaning towards keeping the vinyl top but changing the color to R4.  The down side is it otherwise matches the broadcast sheet with a numbers matching engine and trans. One can wax poetic all day about what a fresh F8 paintjob looks like in the sun, but at the end of the day more people like red.  How much greater is the F8 price penalty than the price penalty for an R4 car that started out F8?

I agree with this. Even if done in f8 when it comes time to sell the buyer line will be "well it is a F8 car"

Not to hijack but is this the same car that you have posted in the classifieds ? Nice car.

Edit nevermind i see its a different screen name. whats the odds his was an f8 car thats been redone in r4.

And that he would have an almost identical avatar

500Jon

Yep thats a real C500 dilemma, another colour change.
Red doesn't do it for me, its B5 or F8 GREEN...

There's another F8 car painted red and no one wants to buy it?
How strange indeed!
''Nowt as queer as Folks'' as we say in England.

If Panther Pink was available in 69, would you pick that, lol???

5J, ITS NOT EASY BEING GREEN! so says Kermie... :slap:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

500Jon

IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

mopar346

Quote from: 5hunert on July 25, 2016, 09:24:30 AM
I'm having the same dilemma.  My C500 started out F8, but had a color change to orange very early on.  I like the Day 2 look, which in this cars case included a vinyl top.  So, when its redone, I'm leaning towards keeping the vinyl top but changing the color to R4.  The down side is it otherwise matches the broadcast sheet with a numbers matching engine and trans. One can wax poetic all day about what a fresh F8 paintjob looks like in the sun, but at the end of the day more people like red.  How much greater is the F8 price penalty than the price penalty for an R4 car that started out F8?

No way would I paint your car if it were mine, I'd leave it as is (maybe some suspension freshening) and drive the wheels off of it! I'd offer to trade you mine but it's not numbers and not together.

A13

Jazzing up the paint with pearl is not the stock paint anymore and many buyers won't want it. 
If you don't like green then don't buy the car.
Might as well ruin it all the way and color change it to school bus yellow.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: A13 on August 09, 2022, 09:13:15 PM
Jazzing up the paint with pearl is not the stock paint anymore and many buyers won't want it. 

Mopar did have a rare color that was pretty much like School Bus Yellow. It was called #EL5 Butterscotch &/or Bahama Yellow.  This post is over 6 Years old. Did original Poster ever get this thing Painted? :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

C500

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 09, 2022, 10:33:14 PM
Quote from: A13 on August 09, 2022, 09:13:15 PM

Mopar did have a rare color that was pretty much like School Bus Yellow. It was called #EL5 Butterscotch &/or Bahama Yellow.  This post is over 6 Years old. Did original Poster ever get this thing Painted? :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

Yes, painted F8, looks great too.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi-hampton

Do you got a pic or did I miss that Post? LEON.

C500

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 09, 2022, 10:45:07 PM
Do you got a pic or did I miss that Post? LEON.

Haven't taken some nice outside pics with the hood on yet, here's a taster in the meantime..
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Another.

hemi-hampton

I just found your other post on your car asking for a update. Looks nice :2thumbs: LEON.

C500

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 09, 2022, 11:02:31 PM
I just found your other post on your car asking for a update. Looks nice :2thumbs: LEON.

Yes, when I get some nice pics, I'll update that thread. Put the hood latches on last night, now the hood closes properly for the first time in 14 years. I'll get the seat belts in this weekend and take it out and clean it, weather permitting. Been holding off on that until I get some rubbers in place to keep everything else water tight.

Starting to add some value with the recently acquired 'barn dust' settling on it  :icon_smile_big:

aerolith

Still Coolio, even with a HOOD! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

mopar346

Very nice and yes, the fresh F8 does look good.

Since it was brought up, I do love butterscotch.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

KurtfromLaQuinta

That looks really, really nice.